My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 26 June 2024

Summer Soiree IG Card Hop - Week 2

Hello friends; we've made it to the middle of the week *yay*. I hope the weather is good where you are; it's still sunny and warm here in South Wales but I think it's supposed to change for the end of the week. Let's hope that summer isn't over already lol!  

Talking of summer; it's week 2 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  This week is all about 'The Great Outdoors'.
Believe it or not but in my vast stash of stamps, dies etc I did not have one item relating the camping or the great outdoors so for a while I was a little bit stumped.  I am no artist but I decided to have a go at drawing my own caravan as this is as close to camping as I'll ever get haha!  It's not perfect by any stretch but I think you know what it is at least!  
Here is my card:
A close up of my masterpiece!
I decorated the inside:
So I began by roughly drawing my little caravan in pencil and when I decided it was as good as it was going to be I went over it with a letraset fine line black marker (which is safe to use with markers).  I erased all the pencil marks and coloured the caravan with Promarkers.  I fussy cut the image,  added some glaze to the windows and the wheel to make them shine a little and put it aside to dry.  For my background I used a mountain image and stamped it in light grey ink onto a white panel.  I ink blended the grass but then went over it with my markers for some extra definition.  I also coloured the sky and mountains with markers and used the black marker to define the birds.  I cut this panel out with a stitched die and then cut a navy card mat using my paper trimmer.  I decided to heat emboss my sentiment with gold embossing powder in the lower right corner.  I added my caravan with foam squares.  The panels were adhered together with double sided tape and then added to the card base with foam tape.  I finished off with a few gold sequins.  For the inside I cut the same size panels and adhered them together with double sided tape.  I stamped a small portion of the mountain image, coloured it with markers and added that to the bottom of my white panel with double sided tape.  I didn't add a sentiment as the card could be used for quite a few occasions, so left it blank until I know what I'm using it for.  The panel was then added to my card base with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments challenge - shaker and/or summer + sentiment
Craft Rocket challenge - no design paper
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG/pink, blue & yellow
Make My Monday challenge - outdoor summer fun
Try It On Tuesday challenge - here comes summer
Unicorn challenge - emboss it (I heat embossed my sentiment)
We Love Stamping challenge - fabulous florals or ATG

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

card ingredients:
hand-drawn image
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card
Gina K Designs - spring mountain stamp set
Gina K Designs - grass green ink pad
Promarkers
Letraset - fineliner black 03 pen

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Adorably cute, Denise, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

What a fabulous scene. I am so impressed with your caravan too. Love the detail you have added inside. Thanks for sharing this with us at we love stamping xx

Tee said...

I love your little caravan, if I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a stamp! Great card design. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday.

brenda said...

A perfect summery card and great improvisation with the caravan, lovely to see you at We Love Stamping challenge, thank you for joining us.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think you should go into digi stamps hahaha, a great caravan and a lovely scene, great insert too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Pamela said...

camper is a great association with the summer! Thank you for sharing this cute and fun card with us at MMM

Izzy Scrap said...

If I hadn't read the description of your card, I would never have guessed that your caravan wasn't a stamp! Your caravan is fabulous and you created an adorable little scene. You definitely made your mark ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.