My Lovely Followers

Sunday 2 June 2024

Red, white & blue card

Hello lovely friends; I hope you're having a great Sunday.  It's really warm and sunny here today and even though I don't like sunbathing or sitting out in it for too long, it's really nice to have the dry and sunny weather isn't it?  It makes everyone feel so much happier (plus I can dry my clothes on the line lol).  

Anyway enough waffling from me; I'm sharing a card I made especially to fit in with a few fun CAS challenges that are around at the moment.  Not 100% sure about it but my son liked it so that's nice.  
Here is my card:
A closer look:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the balloons from white card.  I grabbed some red and blue ink and a couple of stencils and blending the ink onto the die cuts.  I coloured the 'strings' by blending on the ink.  I already had the 'hugs' word die cut from a previous project so wanted to use that so I just stamped the 'birthday' word in red ink and trimmed it into a rectangle.  I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added it to my card base with foam tape.  All the other elements were arranged and added with liquid glue.  No embellishments as I wanted to keep it clean and simple.  For the inside I cut another white panel, stencilling some stripes on the bottom and added another balloon with liquid glue.  I stamped a sentiment into the centre with black ink and then added the panel to my card base with double sided tape.  Not a colour combo I would normally use but I think it turned out cool.  I hope you like it.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS challenge - code word: Balloons (10 challenges max)
CAS on Friday challenge - code word: Hugs
Color Throwdown challenge - red, blue & white
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG optional twist use a stencil
Double D challenge - polka dots
Everybody Art challenge - circles and/or stripes
Sweet Stampin' challenge - clean and simple

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  I appreciate you stopping by and leaving me lovely comments. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
MFT - birthday balloon die - retired
MFT - sending big hugs coverplate (for hugs die cut)
MFT - inside and out birthday greetings (for inside sentiment)
Uniko Stamps - everyday sentiments (for birthday word)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - red hot and blue raspberry
Rangerour town stencil (for the stripes)
The Crafters Workshop - punchinella stencil (for stars and dots) -  no longer available
Versafine - onyx black ink

8 comments:

jaydeestamping said...

Denise, I love your fabulous balloons and the large sentiment. I am not in the least bit surprised your son loved it, I do, too. So glad you shared it with us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Leslie Miller said...

I love your card! It's a perfect CAS design, bright, colorful, cheery. I like the big hugs with the small "birthday" set over top. You fit each of these challenges beautifully. Thank you for playing along with us at Double D!

kareN stampZ said...

Cool idea to add the "birthday" to the HUGS. I have a big HUGS die which I now can use for birthdays, so thanks for that! I love your stenciled balloons they look fab and really pop on the white. Great CAS card and great take on the sketch at AAA Cards, thanks for playing along with us this week.

Uschi said...

Stunning CAS design! Your balloons are so amazing and those really big letters are so great. Fabulous idea! I also love your design on the inside of the card. Everything is so bright and cheery and those stripes really finish it off.
Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Ellen said...

Hugs and balloons, great combination! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

Dotty Jo said...

Perfect colours for a CAS creation - looks great, Jo x

Lori Turner said...

I love this one! I might just have to CASE it sometime! Awesome card xoxoox

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a wonderful CAS card Denise! Fabulous and striking card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sweet Stampin' for our CAS challenge. Love it. Hugs, Wends xoxo