My Lovely Followers

Thursday 27 June 2024

CRAFT challenge - guest designer

Hello again friends; I bet you weren't expecting me here again so soon haha!  I'm honoured to be a guest designer over at the CRAFT challenge this week and the theme is 'anything goes'.  They have two sponsors this week - Sheepski Designs and Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  
GDT Badge
I needed a birthday card for a friend so this was the perfect challenge for me.  I used some flowers that I had already die cut and assembled so just had to choose my layout and colours to coordinate.  
Here is my card:
A closer look at the flowers:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I don't know why my computer is changing the colours but in real life the flowers and card base are a hot pink colour but they look red in the photos.  

So as I said I had already die cut and assembled all the flowers and leaves from card stock in my scraps bin.  I die cut a white panel with an arch die and lightly inked around the edges with pink ink.  I hate to admit how long I fussed trying to get a pleasing arrangement of my flowers but eventually I got there!  I added all the flowers and leaves with liquid glue except the large flower, which was popped up on foam squares.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink.  I cut my A2 card base from the same hot pink card stock as I had used to cut the flowers and actually found a piece of patterned paper cut to the exact size that I needed 4" x 5 1/4" so added that to my card base with double sided tape.   The arch panel was added to the patterned paper with foam tape.  I finished off with some silver sequins.  For the inside I cut a white panel 4' x 5 1/4' and added a strip of the patterned paper to the bottom, along with another large pink flower.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink in the centre.  I then noticed I had an ink smudge under my sentiment so added the extra white flower to cover my boo-boo!  I'm really happy with this card and I think my friend will like it too. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges 

Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes optional mood board
Cardz for Galz challenge - inspired by a book (The Flower Arrangement by Ella Griffin)
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option embellishments
Die Cut Divas challenge - favourite die cut shape (I love using die cut flowers)
Pearly Sparkles challenge - one for the girls
Tic Tac Toe challenge - #250 - ink blend/flowers/layers
Triple B challenge - use at least one bird, bloom or butterfly optional mood board

I would like to thank Jo and everyone at CRAFT challenge for having me as a guest this week.  I hope you will be able to play along with us as it can't get easier than 'anything goes'.  

Ok, that is it from me for today, but thank you for stopping by and visiting my corner of blogland. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Spellbinders - Be bold blooms dies
Mama Elephant - B2B arches dies
Simon Says Stamp - birthday basics stamp set
Gina K Designs - dusty rose ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
coloured card from scraps bin

5 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Ooh, beautiful dies and colors! The sequins are the perfect touch!

Imke said...

You did a great job with our "Layers" theme @ Little Red Wagon this week. Beaztiful card. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Diane said...

Those flowers are one of my favorite dies to use and you have created a gorgeous card with them!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Diane BB, TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous design, the inside is just as pretty as the outside. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope to see you next month.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Pamela said...

I have to google the book title, hahah. THank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at C4Galz book challenge, perfect