My Lovely Followers

Saturday 1 April 2023

Guest Designer - AAA birthday challenge

Good morning lovely friends.  I am delighted and honoured to be a guest designer over at the AAA Birthday challenge blog this month.  


The theme this month is 'layer it up' and here is my card:

 
close up of layers


I decided to go clean and simple with my layers and created a 30th birthday card for a friend using white with a hint of gold and black.  Firstly I cut a panel and scored some lines using my score board for a little interest in the background.  I then splattered some gold and black ink for some drama.  I die cut the leaves from Gina K Designs in white and vellum and the '30' numbers from My Favorite Things in gold.  I also die cut a decorate shape in vellum so that the numbers stood out a little from the leaves.  I assembled the leaves behind the vellum panel and added the numbers on top (I did add a small circle of white cardstock for stability).  The sentiment strip is a pre-made one from Gina K Designs.  Can you believe there is no stamping on this card - shock I know!  The finished card is 5 x 7 inches.  

I hope you will have a chance to enter the challenge, but remember it is a birthday card only challenge.  You can find all the details here.  


Thanks for stopping by.

Crafty Hugs,


Card ingredients:

White cardstock - Heffy Doodle
Black cardstock - Heffy Doodle oreo crunch
Foliage fillers - Gina K Designs
Mixed messages sentiment sheets - Gina K Designs
By the numbers - My Favorite Things (retired)
Gold pearlescent card - Tonic 'autumn maple' 6x6 pad (no longer on the Tonic site)
Vellum - Stampin' Up card stock vellum that's been in my stash for years!

6 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's a gorgeous layered birthday card for sure. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

Jane said...

Amazing card, love your delicate layers. Thanks so much for guesting with us at AAA Birthday this month.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Such a beautiful card I also love white on white x

Mrs A. said...

So elegant with just the layered. Leaves and then the numbers. I like the idea if scoring the background too. Very effective. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

Great CAS 30th birthday card. Love the die cut leaves.

Blankina said...

such a pretty cas card, hugs Blankina