My Lovely Followers

Monday 19 April 2021

Happy birthday hubby!

Hello again friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and had a great weekend.  The weather here in South Wales was lovely, glorious sunshine, although a little chilly.  It was my husband's birthday yesterday and this was the card I made for him:



I used this week's sketch from MFT as my inspiration.  This is the sketch:


Do you ever start a card with a technique in mind and then it completely changes by the end?  I began by ink blending the oval and I used a stencil to create the soft circles.  However it wasn't bold enough for me so I used a distress type stamp to go over the stencilling using oxide ink and sprayed it with water for a more messy look.  I really like the finished result even though it wasn't at all what I envisaged when I began.  I then stamped the candles and used the matching dies to cut them out.  I used the sentiment from the same set and die cut it with a banner die.  A small piece of patterned paper and my card was done.  Even though there are lots of elements it's still clean and simple which is perfect for my hubby as he doesn't like fussy cards.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

MFT sketch challenge - sketch #537
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - bright, cheerful colours

I hope you had a great start to your week.  Have you done anything exciting since the lifting of some of the lockdown restrictions?  I'm not in that much of a rush to go shopping so I haven't done anything at all except craft (which is my favourite pastime lol).  

Have a fab week and catch up again soon.

Hugs, 


Card ingredients:


MFT - make a wish stamp & die set
MFT - blueprints 27 (for the banner)
Tonic Studios - oval layering die set
Black card from stash
Stampin Up! - various stampin' spots for the candles
Distress oxide ink in Tumbled glass

2 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Super card Denise! love the fun background piece behind the candles, looks fantastic!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

Marcea said...

A really lovely, bright card .... more candles means more cake lol

Love marcea xx