My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Happy birthday friend

Hello again, I'm back to share a card I made for this week's MFT color challenge.  I loved the colours of the challenge especially as they weren't ones I would have chosen to use together - that's the point of a challenge isn't it lol!  Here is my card:



I began by die cutting the background but I kept it all together by taping it on the back.  I then die cut the lovely tree and decided it would look fun with all the colours in-laid back in (which I instantly regretted as it was a painstaking job) but I think it looks awesome.  I die cut the friend letters 4 times and adhered them together so that they resemble a chipboard thickness and coated them with my nuvo shimmer pen.  I used foam tape to add my background piece onto the card and also some thin foam squares to add the circle onto this panel.  I stamped a sentiment and die cut it with a banner die and adhered this on top of the circle with liquid glue.  I then added the friend die cut letters at the bottom of my card.  I finished off with some nuvo glimmer glaze on the 3 largest hearts and a few enamel dots.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



Mix it up challenge - anything goes/option in-laid die cut

Crafty friends challenge - happy birthday

Unicorn challenge - make it feminine

Allsorts challenge - anything feminine goes

I hope you're having a good week so far.  The weather here has been lovely and sunny, although chilly but it's a sure sign that spring is on the way. 

Until next time, take care and stay safe.

Hugs, 


Card ingredients:

MFT - heart tree die (Dies to Die For
MFT - chevron segments cover up (Bumbleberry Papercrafts)
MFT - words for friends die (Dies to Die For)
Nuvo - glimmer glaze
Nuvo - aqua shimmer glitter gloss pen
Crafters Companion - neenah desert storm card (Craft Stash)
Stampin' Up - tempting turquoise card
Hot pink & chocolate card from stash
MFT - beary special birthday (for sentiment) (Dies to Die For)
Gina K Designs - Master layouts 2 (for the banner) (Bumbleberry Papercrafts)
Spellbinders - standard circles large
Heffy Doodle - white card

2 comments:

Marga bisschops said...

A beautiful card. I love the background. Thank you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Good luck with your entry.
Greetings Marga dt

Helen said...

Beautifully made - love the idea of die cutting the background but keeping all the pieces in place.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Friends Challenge.

Helen x