My Lovely Followers

Monday 15 June 2020

Inspired by Jennifer McGuire!

I love watching Jennifer McGuire's YouTube videos and always get inspired but usually I'm too busy to actually follow through and try out her techniques.  However as I have been home recently I managed to get one done - yay! go me 😃  I am a little behind the times as this technique, which she calls 'a split card technique', was back in the middle of May, but hey, better late than never!!

Here is my take on her technique:




I used flowers from My Favorite Things called 'flashy florals' (sadly seem to no longer be available) and stamped them with Altenew inks.  I then die cut them with the matching die-namics.  The sentiments are from Altenew 'beautiful day' stamp set.  I added a black strip of card stock and black gems from the 'jewels - ebony mix' from Little Things from Lucy's Cards.  It was a fun way to create 2 cards from one panel and I will have to try it again with different stamp sets.  Check out the link above to watch Jennifer's video and to see how she makes it look so easy!

I hope you had a good Monday - I went back to work today which was hard but it had to be done.  I felt that the longer I stayed off from work the more difficult it would be to go back.  I'm sure things will get easier in time.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Take care and huge hugs, 

1 comment:

Pop's Cards said...

I must be behind the times too as I have never seen this done, it looks amazing especially the colours you have used, hugs Pops x