My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 June 2020

Dies to Die For card swap

The lovely Tracy at Dies to Die For (along with Sue Hastead) recently ran a card swap on the Dies to Die For and Friends Facebook page and I took the plunge and joined in.  As the brief was 'brighten someone's day' I made this colourful and cheerful card for my swap buddy Kim.



here's a closer look:


I started by ink blending the background with Distress Oxide ink pads using the amazing Taylored Expressions blender brushes and added some water droplets for a blotchy effect.  I stamped the Taylored Expressions 'grid background' with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder over the top of the ink blended background.  I die cut the MFT 'big hello' out of black card stock and stamped the cute bear from the MFT 'bitty bears' stamp set and coloured him with my promarkers.  The smaller sentiment is from the same stamp set which I also white heat embossed onto black card stock.  I finished my card with some 'crystal collection - over the rainbow' embellishments from Little Things from Lucy's Cards which are beautiful in real life. 

I can't believe it is Friday again tomorrow; this week has flown by.

Thanks for looking and take care. 

Hugs, 

No comments: