My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Passion for promarkers #78 - DT card

Hello again friends.  I’m back this morning with my DT card for this week’s passion for promarkers challenge.  This week’s theme has been set by Sue C and she has chosen “stitching & distressing” (your stitching can be faux or real, it’s up to you).  Don’t forget to qualify for our prize draw you must use your promarkers or aqua markers.  I wasn’t feeling 100% when I made my card so I went for a Clean and Simple style, which is completely different to my usual type of card.  I have to say I quite like the finished card.  It’s only a dinky 4 x 4 card but I think I will probably make a few more of these as it took about 15 minutes from start to finish lol!  Here is my card:

PFP challenge 78 - stitching & distressing

PFP challenge 78 - stitching & distressing (close up)

What do you think?  I really like the image – it’s from Elzybells and it’s the first time I’ve used it.  I love this colour scheme, very striking I think.  It looks much better IRL (as usual my photography skills are not the best).  I have used a black gen pen to create the “stitching” and distressed the edges of my card with my scissors. 

Our sponsor this week is Stampeezee and the lucky winner will receive a £10.00 voucher to spend in their online shop. 

stampeezee logo

The rest of the DT have done an amazing job once again this week, so why not pop over and check them out.  We really love reading all your comments. 

I can also enter my card into the following challenges:

The crafty pad challenge – Christmas sparkle

OSAAT challenge – choose your favourite colours (red, black & white)

Stampin’ sisters in Christ challenge – CAS or more is more card (mine is CAS)

Dutch dare challenge – clean and simple

Really reasonable ribbon challenge – Christmas theme

Critter sketch challenge – texture (my stickles and ribbon)

I hope you have chance to enter our challenge this week.  I can’t wait to see what you create and look forward to visiting your blogs.  Have a wonderful Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.

My signature

PFP challenge 78 - stitching & distressing

Card ingredients:

Image: elzybells – not sure of name

Papers: SU whisper white card, red card from the papermill shop

Tools: promarkers, stickles, SU ribbon, personal impressions sentiment, PM adhesive stones, black gel pen, small scissors for distressing edges of card

22 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Denise,
This is a beautifully simple layout, It's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Mrs A. said...

Simple but distinctive. I love it!

Julia said...

Gorgeous card Denise! I have that stamp and only used it once - may have to case this card as it's so fab! xx

Faye said...

Oooh, I really, really, really, really like this one. xxx

ThePurplePlace said...

Adorable Card I LOVE IT!!!

coops said...

fantastic card denise.i love the simplicity of the design and great baubles and striking colours :D

xx coops xx

Laney said...

Super colour combo and I love the clean look of your super card!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too!!
Hugs
laney

Barbara said...

Denise, your Clean and simple card is just perfect. I love the color combo too. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Crystal said...

Super SWEEET!

Grace said...

Absolutely adorable! I love these little ornaments and your CAS layout is perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Becky said...

This is lovely Denise. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant Denise.
luv
Debby

mrsk06 said...

Hey there! Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad this week! Hugz Sal x

Lorraine said...

Very nice that is. I really like 'clean and simple'. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

uksharon said...

Like to clean look, works well.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! I love the color scheme and the simplicity of it. I may have to CASE it! thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Céline said...

I love your card, simple but really cute! Thanks for playing at DDCC!!

Berry said...

Wow this is just stuning work thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Wow Fabulous card - love the colours - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

Bonnie Garby said...

What a great Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Colleen said...

Cute - the stitched border is nice too! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

marsha said...

Fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge and we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
CSCB-DT