My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Passion for promarkers #18 – DT card

PFP challenge 18 - Marine & Emerald (anything but a card)

PFP challenge 18 - Marine & Emerald (close up 2)

PFP challenge 18 - Marine & Emerald (close up 1)

Firstly sorry for the photo overload but I wanted to show off my project to it’s best this week……I’m sure you understand.  Right onto this week’s challenge over at passion for promarkers, which has been chosen by our guest DT member Sarah B.  Sarah has asked us to use the colours Emerald and Marine and the twist is we want to see ‘anything but a card’.  Now I ummed and ahhed about what to make (maybe an ATC or a box perhaps) but finally settled on a wall hanger and as I had just received my sugar nellie christmas manga stamps decided to make it christmas themed (although the colours aren’t traditional christmas colours).  I stamped the ‘mr stocking’ image (available from funky kits) and coloured him with the following promarkers:

Hair – tan and caramel

Skin – ivory, blush and pastel pink

Boots, top & present – emerald and grass

Shorts, shirt sleeves & stocking – marine and turquoise

Stocking & ribbon on present – red and blender

I also used ice grey 1 around the image and a white gel pen for highlights.

The paper is making memories and the plain paper is from the papermill shop.  I used my martha stewart zigzag embossed border punch for the decorative edge and the snowflakes were cut with my dovecraft punch.  The sentiment was created on the pc and the adhesive pearls are basic grey.  The ribbon is also making memories and the cute christmas tree brad is woodware.  I used my crop-a-dile to cut the holes for the ribbon and used two of their snowflake grommets for decoration. 

Our sponsor this week is Yellow Moon and the lucky winner will receive a £10.00 voucher to spend in their online shop.  I hope you can check out the rest of the DT creations as they are all amazing.  I look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your gorgeous projects.  Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Caryn said...

This is just brilliant Denise, it has inspired to make some of these for the children this year - if I ever get the time!! Love the christmas theme with these non-traditional colours too.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Wiccababe said...

fab door hanger Denise - whats traditional xmas colours nowadays any? pah!
absolutely gorgeous
Debz
xx

Tracy said...

Wow what a fabulous idea, and love your image and colouring.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Donna said...

This is such a sweet hanger Denise, you've used my fav papers again....gingham....and I so love the sweet image....gorgeous :) Donna x

gina g said...

this is fab love the sweet image. luv gina xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous door hanger Denise. Love the cute image you've used and the fab colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi denise,
I love this hanger. The image is so cute and so well coloured. Beautiful and bright.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Selma said...

This is such a cute little door hanger. I love the image.

Gracie said...

Thsi is just lovely Denise!
Hugs
Grace
xxxxx

Victoria said...

was a sweet idea for a Christmas hanger, someone's going to love this

Victoria
x

Natalie said...

What a great idea Denise, this is lovely. x

Gina said...

Great idea Denise, I love the image and the colours used look great :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Ahhhh - love this.....so cute and so stunning...xx

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

I love this.Brilliant.x

Suzanne said...

This is fantastic Denise love the image and your colouring. Sue :o)