My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Multi challenge card - and a first!

easel card

easel card (side view)

easel card (close up)

Well I’m way behind everyone else but I have finally made an easel-style card *hooray*.  It was my niece’s 16th birthday yesterday and this is the card I made for my boys to give to their cousin.  I’m really pleased with the way it turned out – I may even make one again soon (once everyone else has moved onto the “next” thing I’m sure haha).  The digi-image is from TGF and is called ‘rock chick’ (it was a limited edition image and is no longer available to buy).  I coloured the image with my promarkers and cut her out and popped her up with 3d foam, although you can’t really tell in my photos (David Bailey I’m not!).  The gorgeous papers are DCWV from ‘the stack’ and the plain card is from the papermill shop.  I created the sentiment on the pc and cut it out with my SU oval punches.  The charm is from my stash as is the ribbon it’s hanging on.  The ‘16’ is from craftwork cards and again I used my SU oval punches to cut the card behind it.  The ribbon is from my stash and the adhesive stones are PM. 

I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Anyone for Anya?  - make it fake (I faux stitched around the image and sentiments)

Creative card crew #38 – favourite things (my promarkers and DCWV papers)

Cute card Thursday #87 – teen terrors (my niece was 16 and the image is very apt I think!)

Totally gorjuss #6 – nearly all gorjuss (I’m not going mad – you can enter any girly type images this week)

I hope you’re all having a good week and the weather hasn’t been too unkind to you today.  My thoughts are with all of you suffering due to the heavy rain and high winds, my heart goes out to you.  Sending you lots of love and hugs,

18 comments:

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Fantastic teencard, great colours and style with for this image.

Love from AFA!

Renata

Melodie said...

Wow, the paper is so beautiful and the image so cute.
A wonderful card.
Hugs
Melodie

Michelle said...

Just love the card. I too have just discovered easel cards and made my very 1st one the other day. It's on my blog. I bet your neice will just adore this card it is just perfect for a teen. Pity the image was limited :(

Huggles
Michelle

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

I really love this card most teenagers would love it.............K x

CraftyC said...

Well done on your 1st Easel card Denise. You've done a grand job!!!
Clairex

Kat said...

Great card Denise. I still haven't got round to doing an easel card so you're not last LOL! Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

Kat x

Natalie said...

What a fab card Denise, I love the image. I must try an easel card, they are look great. x

Tracy said...

What a fabulous easel card, love the image, colours and papers.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Net said...

What a super card!

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant easel card, love the colours and great image, perfect for a teen.
luv
Debby

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Denise, she's gorgeous! Love your card so much, such beautiful colours and so beautifully made! Perfect teen card, Jo x

Felis_bunte_Welt said...

A great card.

Hugs,

bastel_fee

craftymum said...

Wow. A fantastic card.Theses easel cards are great aren't they. Thanks for joining us at TG. See you again next week and o check out the DT blogs
Love Sarah W XXX

Judith said...

Great card. Teen cards are the ones I find real hard. This is fab on every level and trust me you are not the last to try an easel card. I may get round to it in a few years. lol x

Michele Spera said...

Oh WOW love it! I love the card style which I have to try this week! and the colors are perfect;-)
Thanks for joining in this week at TG
XMicheleX

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

A brilliant card.x

Jill said...

ooh Denise this is absolutely gorgeous I love love the image and DP perfect together hugS Jill xx

Paula said...

What a fabulous easal card love the colours and fab details.Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx