My Lovely Followers

Monday 15 June 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge - DT project


The cupcake craft challenge this week is set by Jeanette and she asked us to make a project for Father's Day but it had to be anything but a card (gulp). Now as most of my regular visitors will know I don't really do 3d projects very often so this was a real struggle for me. Anyway I decided to jazz up a store bought gift bag as it was a plain cheesy hologram design. I covered the front of the bag with plain cs from the papermill shop and added dp by sandylion (which is fab and had a slightly distressed look to it). Then I added a border of plain cs along the middle and cut a decorative edge to one side with my fiskars scallop scissors. The image is a digi-image from DigiStamp Boutique called 'BBQ Jim' and I coloured him with my promarkers.
The sentiments are also from DigiStamp Boutique. The buttons are from a dovecraft embellishment kit and I made little tails for them out of thin strips of co-ordinating paper.
I'm quite pleased with the finished result. Don't forget to check out the other DT members creations as they are fab. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

helen said...

how fab is that image hon perfect for fathers day , gorgeous colouring and a fab altered project
hugs
helen x

Gina said...

great project Denise, good to get you out your comfort zone :) love the image too :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Kruemel said...

What a great way to decorate a gift bag! That image is really cute and I love your color combo!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jeannette said...

What a fab project, it's perfect and the image is great.

Natalie said...

What a great idea, it looks fab. x

Maria Matter said...

Denise this was a brilliant idea! Love the colors you used! Awesome coloring too!
Blessings, Maria

Caryn said...

Great project Denise - as you can see from my effort, it was a "struggle" for me to even read the challenge brief right never mind actually make anything!! Love those digi-stamp boutique images - perfect for "men"!!!
Caryn xxx