My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Gorgeous Gift Tags IG Hop - August 26

Hello and welcome back to my blog lovely friends. It's a busy day on my blog today as this is my third post!  It's time for the Gorgeous Gift Tags IG Hop, which takes place on the 5th of each month. You always have the option to go for anything goes but the extra prompt this month is 'baby shower'. I was a little daunted when I saw this theme as I've never made a baby shower anything before but obviously it's the same as a welcome baby card just with a slightly different sentiment.  So get creating and let's see all your baby themed tags. I can't wait to see what the rest of my fellow hoppers have made and I hope you can pop over to Instagram and join us.
I thought it would be fun to create a onesie shaped tag and went with a gender neutral colour scheme so that it could be used for a boy or a girl.  I even did some paper piecing on this one!  I think it turned out super cute and I hope you like it.
Here is my tag:
A closer look at the cute image:
Plus I decorated the back of the tag:
I began by die cutting two of the onesies from white card and two from neutral patterned paper and I adhered one paper onesie to one white card onesie for each side of my tag.  I stamped the image on darker striped paper and also a light spotty paper and fussy cut them out.  I added some crystal glaze to the large heart and the cluster of smaller hearts.  I stamped the sentiment onto the same paper as the tag using brown ink and also fussy cut it out.  I also cut the hole reinforcer from the darker striped paper.  I decorated the background with some stars in various shades of brown ink before adding the image and sentiment with foam tape.   I inked the edges with the brown ink.  For the back of the tag I stamped the sentiment with brown ink and also added some stars around it in the lighter brown inks and again inked around the edges with the brown ink.  I adhered both tags together using liquid glue and tied a ribbon and some twine through the hole for a finishing touch.  

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

We hope you will be inspired by our Gorgeous Gift Tags Instagram Hop and will pop over and check out all the gorgeous tags along the way. If you would like to join us please visit my Instagram page or use the hashtag #gorgeousgifttagsaugust2026 and we will find your tags.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.

Lots of love,

tag supplies:
Creative Expressions - new arrival - baby onesie die set
Kraftin' Kimmie - baby love stamp - retired
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sandy beach, kraft, warm cocoa
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Tonic Studios - Nuvo crystal glaze clear
Tonic Studios - craft perfect classic jute twine
Echo Park - dots & stripes Christmas collection 6x6 pad
Echo Park - dots & stripes summer 6x6 pad
Basic Grey - basics manila 6x6 pad

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

SO cute!

Leanne said...

Super cute tag love that you stamped on the striped paper awesome and again so cute. Have a good one friend. Cheers, L