
I decided to go with leaves on my card this week and it sort of progressed to a shaker card and then I realised I could make a two-fer with the left over leaves.... so basically I had lots of fun this week lol! I think they both turned out great and I hope you like them too. Sorry photo overload again!
Here are my cards:
Here is the shaker card:
I took a very short video to show the 'shake' but it won't play here so check out my IG if you want to see it
A closer look at the details:
Here is the second, simpler card:
and a closer look at the details:
I decorated the insides the same:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and using autumnal colours ink blended over the whole panel. I also added some extra interest with some water drops and white spatter. I die cut the two leaves from the panel and then embossed it with the leaves folder. I added acetate behind the openings of the leaves using double sided tape. I die cut the top layer of the leaves from brown card and added them onto the acetate to fill the space of the die cut leaves. I added lots of foam strips behind the panel and filled the shaker with seed beads (which I randomly found whilst looking for sequins). I covered the back with a plain white panel trimmed a little smaller than my panel. The panel was then adhered to my card base with double sided tape. I stamped the sentiment onto the same brown card using versamark ink and white heat embossed it, before using the coordinating die to cut it out (I also cut 3 more from the brown card so that I could layer it up). The sentiment was added between the leaves using liquid glue. For the second card I used the left over leaves that I cut from the first ink blended panel and added the top layer on top, again cut from brown card, using liquid glue. I embossed a white panel using the leaves folder and added the die cut leaves in the centre using foam squares. I stamped the sentiments onto white card using brown ink and used the coordinating dies to cut them out (I cut 3 more white layers for the longer sentiment). I added the larger sentiment in the centre over the leaves using a combination of foam squares and liquid glue and the longer sentiment at the bottom of the panel using liquid glue. For the insides (I did both the same) I ink blended the same colours at the bottom of the panels and added some water drops and white spatter and did some partial embossing just over the blending. I die cut two of the top layer of the leaves and added them in the bottom right corner with liquid glue. I stamped the sentiments in the centre with brown ink before adding the panels to my card base using double sided tape. I love both versions but do you have a favourite?
I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - any occasion

Allsorts challenge - embossing (dry or heat)
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist: use die cuts
Inkspirational challenge - garden

Simply Clean and Simple challenge - ATG CAS optional theme: nature
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Gina K Designs - falling leaves embossing folder
Gina K Designs - autumn leaves dies
Gina K Designs - elegant thoughts stamp & die (for sentiment on shaker card)
Gina K Designs - flower medley stamp & die (for sentiments on white card)
Gina K Designs - breath of sunshine stamp (for inside sentiment) *Bumbleberry Crafts
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card bases)
Versamark - embossing & watermark ink pad
Winsor & Newton - white gouache (for spatter)
seed beads and brown card from my stash








7 comments:
Prettiness times two, Denise!
Beautiful in both color schemes, but the white background really gives a clean and simple feel, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Simply Clean & Simple.
Two beautiful fall leaf designs, Denise! How different it looks with a white background using the same EF on both! and how fun is the first one being a shaker! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx
Two pretty cards Denise, looks so different in the contrasting colourways, lovely to see you at Allsorts as always, can you identify which is the entry though.
B x
I do love a twofer... Both are beautifully designed and coloured. Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Beautiful cards and I especially like the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us next challenge again.
Crafty greetings
Alex
*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
Alex' Kreative Seite
Stunning cards, thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah
Post a Comment