My Lovely Followers

Thursday 12 September 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #733 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week it's Week 2 which means that I am your hostess and our theme as always is 'Christmas', so grab your festive supplies and come join in the fun with us.  
I recently got new to me stamps & dies from Dies to Die For in one of their fab offer sections and was itching to use this cute set.  I love how you can make cute scenes with it and the critters are adorable.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
A closer look at the critters:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I cut a piece of white card 4" x 5 1/4" and ink blended some light blue inks on about 2/3rds of the panel, leaving the bottom white.  I splattered some white gouache over the background to give the look of snow.  I also did my inside panel but only ink blended at the top but also did some splatter with the white gouache.  Once the panels were dry I took a torn edge die and cut them both out with the second to largest die.  I stamped my sentiment onto a white piece of card and fussy cut it out as I didn't know if it would stamp properly directly onto my background and I didn't want to risk ruining it.  I also stamped some musical notes in black ink.  I added my images to the bottom of the panel and the sentiment to the top of the panel, all with foam squares.  The panel was then adhered to the card base with foam tape.  For the inside I took my second panel and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink and added a tiny mouse image and 2 musical notes in the left lower corner.  I added this to the card base with double sided tape.  A really sweet card and I think I will be using this set a lot this year.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - layered or flat (I love adding foam squares for some extra dimension so would choose layered)
Aud Sentiments challenge - tags and/or holidays + sentiment
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Get Creative challenge - inspired by a book (A Christmas Carol)
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG/autumn golds & browns
Inkspirational challenge - make your mark
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
My Time To Craft challenge - add texture (splatter in background with white gouache)
Peace on Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed optional inspiration board
Stamping Sensations challenge - ATG option animal magic
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist create your own background
We Love Stamping challenge - hand coloured image

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for September Wendy.    

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Creative Craft Products - A2 layering nested torn edge dies
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sea glass and ocean mist
Winsor & Newton - permanent white gouache
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card (store now closed)
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

10 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card Denise I need some friendly card to diecut my images is Limetree strong enough.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Carolling critters! What’s more festive than that! Very lovely! Love the snow splatters and your colouring is above par! Enjoy your weekend!

pinky said...

Another sweet card Denise. This one is getting me in the mood for Christmas cards for sure. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

brenda said...

A happy and fun Christmas creation, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Leanne said...

So cute, love the critters and the coloring is wonderful friend, the background and the images all popped up awesome. Geat job again and have anice day. Hugs, L

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Denise! I love the little mouse in the middle... And on the inside too, Jo x

Lori said...

This is so adorable, Denise! What a cute little scene - hope you're having a great weekend xoxoox

Linby said...

It's just adorable and a wonderful Christmas card too. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

Pia S said...

How cute! Beautifully inked background too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Inkspirational!

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is so cute!
Love the blending inside too!
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT