My Lovely Followers

Thursday 5 September 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #732 - Stamps

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week it's Week 1 which means that Leanne is your hostess and our theme as always is 'Stamps', so grab your stamps or digital images and come join in the fun with us.  
I needed to make a card for hubby's sister & brother in law's anniversary so this challenge was perfect for me.  I used some cute polymer stamps that I've for a couple of months but not used yet.  My card is 5" x 7" in size.  
Here is my card:
a closer look at the cute bees:
I decorated the inside too:
I began by stamping the two cute bee images onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured them with Promarkers and added a few white highlights.  There aren't any dies for these stamps so I used a heart die to cut them out.  I found a really old paper pad that I think I got from Joanna Sheen (some of you will remember her lovely store) and cut a piece 4 1/2" x 6 1/2"; I also cut a slightly larger black mat and adhered them with double sided tape.  I die cut the large happy word 3 times from black card and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I stamped the anniversary word in black ink and used a sentiment strip die to cut it out.  I also stamped the sister & brother-in-law sentiment in black ink and used my trimmer to cut a rectangle; again I cut a black mat and adhered them together with double sided tape.  Finally I die cut hearts in 2 different sizes from red card.  I added the large hearts and sentiments with foam squares and the happy word and smaller hearts with liquid glue.  The panel was added to my card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I cut the same size panels and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I added a strip of the paper at the top of the panel and stamped another bee in the bottom left corner.  I again coloured him with Promarkers and finished off with a few red hearts.  I added the panel onto my card base with double sided tape.  A fun anniversary card and I hope you like it.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - layered or flat (I like to add dimension and layers to my cards)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG but must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option autumn gold and browns
Scrapping4Fun challenge - ATG with a stamp
Stamping Sensations challenge - ATG option animal magic
We Love Stamping challenge - hand coloured image

I hope you will be able to join us for our Stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for September Wendy.    

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients: 
LOTV - happy bees A5 polymer stamp set - stamp store is currently closed
Promarkers
MFT - tag builder blueprints 6 (for hearts)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - friends & family stamp - retired
Cardmaking Magic - verses for occasions (for inside sentiment) - currently oos
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently oos
Hobbycraft - A4 black card
red card from scraps bin

8 comments:

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love this card Denise! And your in-laws definitely will! It’s the bee’s knees! So adorably cute!

Leanne said...

So adorable cute, love the sentiments too. Great job friend! Have a great day! L

brenda said...

What a sweet creation for an Anniversary card, lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, thank you for joining in.

B x

EmmaT said...

Fab-bee-lous creation, those bees are such fun and make a brilliant anniversary card. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping. Emmax

Lori Turner said...

Oh my goodness friend - these 2 bees are the cutest! Super cute card xoxoxo

Chris said...

A wonderful anniversary card, lovely design and those bees are adorable. Thank you for joining in with our September challenge at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

Catie Cuddles said...

This is so sweet.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT