My Lovely Followers

Sunday 6 August 2023

Dragonfly Dreams challenge - Guest Designer card

Good morning and happy Sunday lovely friends.  I hope you are all doing ok and finding lots of time to get crafty.  


I am delighted to be a guest designer over at Dragonfly Dreams challenge this month and they have a lovely theme of 'dragonflies'.  I used a stamp set that I think I won in a competition years ago.  I've had it in my stash but never used it, so this was the perfect time to dig it out!   Aren't the dragonflies just adorable?  I love their big googly eyes lol! 

Here is my card:


a closer look at the cute dragonflies:


plus I decorated the inside too:


I began by stamping my dragonflies and coloured them with a combination of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir tri-blend markers.  I don't have the matching dies so fussy cut them out.  I decided to white heat emboss the background onto a grey coloured card using a brick pattern stamp; I also stencilled some grass and clouds onto this once it had cooled down.  I used dies to cut out my panel and also a black matting panel.  I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black card and also fussy cut that out.  I finished my card by adding some smooth disc sequins around the dragonflies.  I had a small piece of the embossed background left over from when I die cut it so used a strip on the inside of my card.  I always try to decorate the inside of my cards, even if it's just a stamped sentiment.  Do you do anything on the side of your cards?  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Krafty Chicks challenge - stamp act (focus on stamping)
Inkspirational challenge - use stencils (I used 2 in the background)
Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils option butterflies
Double D Challenge - ATG option use stencils (I used 2 in the background)
Moving Along With The Times challenge - emboss wet/dry (I heat embossed my wall stamp)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG but feature a critter
Tic Tac Toe challenge - use a stencil/birthday sentiment/blues & greens (in my background)

I hope you can join in with this fun challenge.  Please pop over to the blog to find out all the details and to check out the Design Teams gorgeous creations too.  

I hope you enjoy the last bit of your weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Your Next Stamp - dancing dragonflies (they are closing so grab a bargain as everything is reduced)
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
Simon Says Stamp - fog card
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card 
Gina K Designs* - jelly bean green and sea glass ink pads
Gina K Designs* - master layouts 2
Promarkers
Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Markers
Memento tuxedo black ink

*I link directly to the Gina K Designs store as that is where I bought my items but they are also available in the UK at Bumbleberry Crafts and Dies to Die For

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month and I love your fabulous card and all the gorgeously cute colourful Dragonflies-love it and the inside too
Carol x

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a fabulous card! Awesome stenciled background and love the multi colored dragonflies! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D & Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Vicki said...

Beautiful and fun! Great stenciled background design. Love those colorful dragon flies. Thanks for sharing at the Double D "Stencils/AG" Challenge.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Such lovely colors & adorable dragonflies!!!
Totally precious card!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Krafty Chicks STAMP ACT Challenge!
HUGS
-Kimberly

Wendy L said...

It looks fab, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Fabulous card - love the stencilled background. Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that brick background Denise and it makes a great backdrop for your cute dragonflies! Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

Lisa said...

Super cute dragonflies and adorable card. Love the happy colors.

Gale said...

Beautiful dragonfly card Denise! Love the stencil work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for