My Lovely Followers

Monday 10 July 2023

30th Anniversary card

Hello again friends; I hope the start of the week has been good for you.  I'm back to share the card I made for hubby to celebrate our recent 30th Pearl anniversary.  I cannot believe where the last 30 years have gone; although I think I deserve a medal for putting up with him for so long lol!  

Here is my card:


this one shows the glittery card better:


My husband is not really into fussy cards so decided to buy a die/stamp set to cut out the 30 and save myself the stress of trying to make something elaborate from scratch.  I die cut the base from navy card and then the 30 was die cut from a pearl glittery card that I've had in my stash for years.  The sentiment was also from the same set and I heat embossed it on the navy card with a glittery powder.  The husband word was die cut in the pearl card and also a dark red which was ever so slightly off set.  The hearts were also cut from the same dark red card.  The finished card is very dimensional as the 30 was added with foam squares along with the sentiment and hearts.  I think the finished result is perfect for my husband.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Color Hues challenge - merlot and navy
Shopping Our Stash challenge - celebrating by the numbers
Dream Valley challenge - dies and/or punches

Thanks for stopping by; I really appreciate all your comments and your continued support.  

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Creative Craft Products - numbers galore: flirty 30
Heffy Doodle - husband die cut
card stock from my stash


9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME Anniversary card Denise and Happy 30th!! This is definitely a cool design with the number 30 die cut, and it looks FABULOUS in our challenge colors!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Marcia (DT)

Wendy L said...

Love your card, great design, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Nancy said...

This is fantastic! I recently made a number card and yours is so much better than mine. Love the added hearts and how you added husband in your design. Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Karen said...

That is one amazing die, and your card is wonderful! Happy Belated Anniversary! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

What a fabulous card, Denise! I think this would be wonderful for anyone to receive! I love the sparkle and bold design.

dj said...

Awesome!! Way to go shopping your stash! Thanks for playing along with our celebratory number challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Your shaped card is perfect along with pearl anniversary theme!!
Deb Horst, DT #SOS500

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for your awesome submission to our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT

Stef Perry said...

Congratulations on 30 years! Your card is so clever and perfect for a hubby that doesn't like too much fussiness, although I do like the way you still incorporated glitter paper and hearts! Thanks so much for joining us over at Color Hues!

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
this is such a very wonderful card and I love your fabulous design.
The big numbers look brilliant.
Congrats on your 30th Anniversary.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT