My Lovely Followers

Sunday 21 September 2008

Oops!

I made this card for my mother to give to my grandfather for his 95th birthday, which was on Thursday. I managed to cover 3 challenges for last week i.e. the Sketch Saturday sketch from last Saturday, the Cute Card Thursday challenge which was "cats & dogs" and the Penny Black Challenge which was "a man's card but no blue". However I didn't upload it in time for any of the challenge deadlines *d'oh*. I've had a crazy week, besides my mother recovering after her op, my oldest son has been ill with 'flu, my youngest son has had a few problems at his new school and now I'm also coming down with a cold. Anyhoo enough about me here at the deets of the card. I used bazzill bling cs in brown and natural and dp is by imagination project. I stamped the penny black image and coloured him with my pro-markers but I didn't like the original colour that I used for the tie so I stamped him again and cut out the tie and stuck it over the top. I don't normally use peel-offs but I thought these were quite stylish and they fit the bill for the sketch. Quite a simple card but as my grandfather's eyesight is so poor my mother said that it was probably better. Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

Gina said...

Lovely card, wow 95 what a great age :) hope you feel better now. I have a couple of awards on my blog for you to cheer you up :)
Gina xxx