My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 October 2010

Charisma cardz challenge #41 – DT card

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all having a great week so far.  I can’t believe it is Thursday already – another week nearly done!!  I’m here to share with you my DT card for this week’s charisma cardz challenge.  Our theme this week has been set by Joanne and she has chosen “more than one fold”.  Now these sort of challenges fill me with dread as I tend to stick to making cards most of the time.  However I have fulfilled the challenge and still made a card – so I’m extra happy :)  You will also be shocked to learn that no promarkers were harmed in the making of my card (I know don’t faint!!).  Here is my card:

charisma challenge #41 - more than one fold In this photo I’ve tried to show you the dimension of my “bauble” charisma challenge #41 - more than one fold (close up 2)

For my “folds” I decided to make a 3D Christmas “bauble” using my scalloped nesties but then as a co-incidence I saw a brilliant tutorial by Kylie on the WOJ tutorial blog showing you how to incorporate one into your card so I decided to have a go at that instead.  Check out the tutorial as its really easy to understand with lots of pics and instructions. 

We have two sponsors of our challenge this week.  Our first sponsor is Cutting Cafe and the lucky winner will be able to choose 3 digi sets of their choice.  They have tons of gorgeous sets so you will be spoilt for choice. 

image

Our second sponsor is Donna from Donna’s den of crafts and even though her shop has now closed she has kindly agreed to sponsor us for one last time!

image

Here is what the winner will receive:imageThe DT have created some amazing 3D work this week and every one of their projects is so different.  Please pop over and take a look.  We appreciate all the lovely comments you leave for us.  I also want to apologise as I didn’t manage to get around to commenting on all my entries last week (my shoulder and neck were playing up at the beginning of the week so I tried to limit the amount of time I was on the computer).  I promise I will do better this week :)

I can also enter my card into the following challenges:

Anything goes challenge – ribbons

Crafty cardmakers challenge – fancy folds

Scrap creations challenge – make it 3D

Quixotic challenge – Christmas is coming

Alphabet challenge – x is for xmas

The townscrapper challenge – distressing (I’ve inked up all my edges)

Stamp something challenge – something punchy

Basic grey challenge – sparkle (hope my pearls are ok)

Secret crafter Saturday challenge – distressing (again inked all my edges)

The sweet stop challenge – sketch

I hope you have a wonderful day and that the weather is still lovely and dry for you.  It is definitely getting a little cooler now but its wonderful to still have the bright and sunny days.  Thanks for stopping by today.

My signature 

 

charisma challenge #41 - more than one fold

Card ingredients:

 Image: none!

Papers: basic grey – wassail paper pad, plain card from the papermill shop

Tools: sentiment from See'-D’s set, SU oval all punches, ribbon from fantastic ribbons, pearls from the hobby house, circle nesties

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, how clever! Jo x

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE this is AWESOME Denise, LOVE LOVE that ornament soooo creative and beautiful!

Gem said...

a beautiful card Denise, love that folded bauble!! Gemma :) x

Melodie said...

Gorgeous card, it looks very interesting, great compliment.
Hugs
Melodie