My Lovely Followers

Monday 7 June 2010

Stamp with fun #62 – DT card

Hello everyone, it’s time for a brand new stamp with fun challenge.  This week we have a lovely sketch by Andrea to use. 

SWF #62 sketch

I was asked by a friend at work to make her a card featuring a ‘belly dancer’, so I decided to use the stamp with fun sketch and this is what I came up with, although I haven’t added a sentiment yet.

SWF #62 - sketch

 SWF #62 - sketch (close up)

Now I will confess I did struggle a little with the sketch this week and although I’m happy with the way I’ve coloured the image I’m not that pleased with the overall finished card, I’m just hoping that my friend likes it. 

The image is by Sandra Dry designs and I was really sad to read on her blog today that she has closed her digi shop.  She had some really pretty images in her shop and I hope she changes her mind at some point and we’ll have the chance to buy them again.

Please check out the rest of the DT cards, as they obviously didn’t have any problems using the sketch this week, as their cards are stunning.  I hope you will give the sketch a go and let me know how you got on! 

I can also enter my card into the following challenges:

Charisma cardz challenge – flowers

Paper play challenge – flowers and sparkle

Pixie dust studio challenge – punch it out

Rainbow lady’s challenge – faces

Alphabet challenge – f is for flowers

Stamp something challenge – stamp something digi

I hope you have a great Monday, don’t forget to pop back later to see my cupcake craft challenge DT card.  Thanks for stopping by.

My signature SWF #62 - sketch

Card ingredients:

Image: Sandra Dry Designs – Surabhi

Papers: Wild rose studio – Milton & co, SU choc chip cardstock

Tools: promarkers, ribbons from stash, PM adhesive gems, ek success retro flower punch, woodware large flower punch, nellie’s choice stamen punch

6 comments:

Melodie said...

Such a gorgeous card with wonderful colours.
Hugs
Melodie

Rainbow Lady said...

Denise this is super. Love the image very unusual and the card is great I am sure your friend will love it.Thanks for joining in this week Love Cynthia x

Dotty Jo said...

Nice work with that sketch Denise, and i love your colour combo - great card, Jo x

Lesley said...

Lovely bright card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

made by fifi said...

fab card - love the colours - thank you for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

Anonymous said...

fab card - thanks for joining us at the alphabet challenge this week. x