Pages

▼

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Critter Crazy Challenge - Guest Designer Oct 26

Hello friends; it's a busy day on my blog today and my first card for you is my card as GDT for the Critter Crazy challenge . I was lucky enough to win one of their recent challenges and was honoured to be asked to be a guest designer for them. The challenge is always 'ATG' but you must include an animal on your project.  
Please grab our Blog Badge
I got this stamp set a little while ago but I hadn't used it so I thought it would be a fun one for this challenge.  I coloured the images with Promarkers and stencilled a paw print background.  I think it turned out super cute and I hope you like it too. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a light brown panel 4" x 5 1/4" and used the paw print stencil and some dark chocolate ink and created my background.  I also inked around the edges using the same ink pad and added some white spatters.  I stamped the images onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured them with Promarkers and added some white highlights with a gelly roll pen.  I don't have the dies so I fussy cut them out.  I found a small piece of beige checked paper and cut that to 2 3/4" x 3" and again darkened up the edges with the brown ink.  I used a scallop border die to cut a piece of white card and added that to the edge of the paper using liquid glue, once again lightly inking the edges.  I also tied some red and white twine around the panel and tied it in a bow.  I added foam squares behind the paper panel and added that onto the background at a slight angle.  I added the dog and balloon with foam squares.  I stamped the sentiment onto the light brown card using black ink and used a circle die to cut it out.  I added foam squares to the back and tucked it under the paper panel. I also die cut a tiny paw print from the light brown card and added that above the dog using liquid glue.  The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I cut a scallop piece from the light brown card and adhered that behind a piece of the left over stencilled background using liquid glue.  I adhered this to the bottom of the panel using liquid glue.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the bone present image and added that in the bottom left corner using liquid glue.  The panel was then adhered to the card base using double sided tape. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist: relates to a song (hound dog by Elvis Presley)
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist: autumn colours
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Do-All Creative challenge - ATG optional use die cuts
NBUS challenge - new or unused stuff (my stamp is unused from April)

Please pop over to the Critter Crazy challenge blog for all the details/rules and to see the amazing creations from the design team. I would like to thank Becca and the team for having me as a guest this month. I hope you will find the time to enter the challenge and cannot wait to see all your projects in the linky.

Thanks for stopping by and see you all soon.

Love and hugs,

 
card supplies:
Honey Bee Stamps - friends forever stencil set (I only used one) - retired
Promarkers
Clearly Besotted - scalloped edges die collection
Time for Tea Designs - pawsome die set
Waffle Flower - nesting circle dies
Gina K Designs - dark chocolate ink pad
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Winsor & Newton - white gouache (for spatters)
coloured card and paper from my stash
twine from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project and the perfect song! Thanks for your wonderful submission to our A Place to Start challenge!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, this is adorable!!! Super cute image and I LOVE the paw print background!! Great layout, too! So glad you were able to be our guest designer at Critter Crazy Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

By leaving a comment here you are accepting that other visitors will read your comments and be able to link through to your blog / computer.

If you have chosen to follow my blog by email or send a message via email then this has been done entirely at your own risk .. .. but I personally will NEVER share your email address with any third parties.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments. Hugs, Denise x