My Lovely Followers

Friday 28 January 2011

Winter wonderland–first DT card!!

Good morning friends, I’m excited as today I get to share my first DT card with you for the winter wonderland challenge.  I am honoured to be part of this friendly and talented team and hope I can live up to expectations.  The challenge this week is “my sentiments exactly” and we want your sentiment to be the main focal point on your card.  Don’t forget that at the moment you can choose to make any card you like, it doesn’t have to be a Christmas card.  Here is my card:

WW #1 - sentiment challenge

WW #1 - sentiment challenge - close up

The DT were lucky enough to be given sentiments to use by one of our sponsors this week  and I chose this gorgeous swirly one.  I love the different fonts and that you can add a touch of colour if you like.  My poor promarkers have been sulking all day as I didn’t use them very much.  However to make up for neglecting them I did colour my sheer organza ribbon with my turquoise promarker to match my card.  I have to say that I really struggle with sentiment only cards but at least I like the colour scheme I’ve chosen for this card. 

We have two sponsors this week, firstly we have Simon Says Stamp and the lucky winner will receive a $15.00 gift voucher to spend in their online store. 

SimonSaysStampBlinkie1

Our second sponsor is a new sponsor for us at winter wonderland and they are called Sentiments 4 You and it is one of Lynne’s lovely sentiments that I have used on my card.  The lucky winner will receive a $10.00 gift voucher to spend in their online store.  Please pop over and check out their shop as they have so many beautiful sentiments to choose from. 

BLOG BANNER - PIXEL SIZED

The rest of the DT have created gorgeous samples for your inspiration.  Both Marianne’s team (which I’m part of) and Kate’s team and sharing cards with you this week, after this week we will be sharing our cards with you on alternate weeks.  Please pop over to the challenge blog and check out their beautiful cards. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Challenge up your life challenge – clean and simple

Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas challenge – let’s see some bling (stardust pen and pearls)

Christmas cards all year round challenge – anything goes

OSAAT challenge – as you like it

Kaboodle challenge – bling it up (stardust pen and pearls)

Mojo Monday challenge – sketch (which I rotated)

Wild orchid challenge – let’s get sentimental

Creative craft challenge – monochromatic madness

Crafts and me challenge – monochrome

Creative belli challenge – the letter P (pearls, patterned paper)

Fab ‘n’ funky challenge – delight in your digi

Digi doodle challenge – swirls (swirly paper and on image)

Do you stack up? challenge – patterns (my paper)

I hope you have a wonderful Friday and that you will have a chance to enter our challenge this week.  Hello to my newest follower Steph, I really appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog.  Thanks for stopping by today.

My signature

WW #1 - sentiment challenge

Card ingredients:

Image: none, sentiment by sentiments 4 you

Papers: bo bunny – ‘holiday cheer frost’ double sided paper (I used both sides), plain card from the papermill shop

Tools: marianne creatables snowflake die, sakura stardust pen, pearls from the hobby house, organza ribbon from stash, labels 8 nesties

29 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

I love the colours you chose and the adding of the colour on the sentiment is a great idea, that snowflake is quite stunning too
great to have you on the team
Hugs Kate xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh the colour you have chose is fab & I love this sentiment!

Thank You for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

WencheP said...

Wonderful card - like it. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Hazel said...

This is a delightful card - such a gorgeous snowflake. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 4 (I've now added your card to Linky) - hope to see you again soon. x

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS LOVE these colors Denise!!!!

Julie said...

Fabulous winter card, Denise- such a wonderful colour combo! Congrats on your new DT position - you will be fab!!!! Juliexx

Miranda said...

very pretty Denise, this colour blue is just gorgeous and so is the sketch you've used
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs Miranda

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Denise,
I love the simple layout and colours on this gorgeous card. Great crafting.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Claire Grantham said...

I love your blog and I have an award for you - check out my blog.
Cx

Marjo said...

Super cute Christmas Card! I have added you to our OSAAT Christmas Club list. Hope you can join us every month with a Christmas project. A free collab will be yours if you join in every third Sunday of the month thru November.

Good Luck with the regular weekly challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Hugs, Marjo

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love the turquoise and the way you have coloured the ribbon. Fab first DT card. Marianne x

Unknown said...

love the colour and the layout - don't start on Cgristmas yet!

kitten DYSU team

Jill said...

Such a lovely card and turquoise is my favourite colour! Thanks so much for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Hope to see you again. Jill

Tamara Morton said...

A wonderful card, such a beautiful colour. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Belli this time.
Hugs
Tamara

Pauline said...

Beautiful non-traditional Christmas colours! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!
Pauline

Sally said...

Great card Denise. Its great to see all the different ways that the team have used the sentiments. Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs Sally xxx

Jo said...

Love the clean and simple look of this card. Thanks for joining in the fun at DYSU this week. Hope to see you next week!

**Farrah** said...

Another fantastic card!!
Very CAS & elegant, perfect!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles!!
Good luck!
Farrah

Melodie said...

Wow, this is my favorite colour. I like your wonderful card very much.
Hugs
Melodie

Suzi Mac said...

Adorable card Linda, love the colour combo (my fav for Christmas cards. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Suzi Mac said...

What am I like!!! Sorry Denise, I thought I had clicked into Linda's card. Put it down to a senior moment.
Suzi xx

Deb said...

Awesome colors and papers, your snowflake is gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon
Deborah
xxx

Jennifer said...

Hi Denise. Just love your fab digital creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Janna Werner said...

hi there :) thanks so much for sharing this cas and lovely patterned paper card with us at DYSU! Janna

Robin Parker said...

Love all of your different patterened papers. The pearls are a great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Antonella said...

Your winter wonderland is great! Hugs, antonella :-)

Scatty Cards said...

A great card, love the stamp you have used. Thanks for joining in at creative craft challenge, good luck xx

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty christmas card-thanks for sharing it with us at the creative belli "P" challenge

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Denise I struggle with sentiment card too but you have rocked this one I think it looks fabulous hun.
Thank you for joining us girlies at Crafts & Me, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx