My Lovely Followers

Sunday 1 November 2009

A tutorial for you :)

Before I begin I have to apologise for the amount of pics in my post!  I hope you will persevere until the end :)

I was contacted a little while ago by Debbie who runs the crafty pad who asked me if I was interested in doing a tutorial using one of her clear stamps – well I jumped at the chance, but with school holidays and illness etc its taken me until now to complete.  For this tutorial I’ve used an adorable stamp called ‘Christmas Ted bring home the tree’ and this is one of the newly released stamps from the crafty pad.  Please check out their website here to see all their stunning stamps. 

cardcat

For my tutorial I used the following promarkers –

Ted – vanilla and pastel yellow

Scarf & hat – red and berry red

Tree – green and emerald (for branches) cinnamon and cocoa (for trunk)

I also used cool aqua for the snowy ground and snowflakes and ice grey 1 for the bobble on his hat

Don’t forget you can click on any of the pics for a closer look (I’m sorry some of them are a little dark but it was so difficult to get a decent pic here today as it is so gloomy). 

Here is the “before” pic.  I stamped the image with a black memento ink pad.

cards3 005

I started by colouring Ted with my vanilla promarker.

cards3 008

Next I added shading with my pastel yellow.

cards3 010

I blended both colours together by going over the whole of Ted with the vanilla again.

cards3 012

Next I randomly coloured some of the tree branches with grass.

cards3 014

  I then added emerald to the gaps in the branches.

cards3 016

I then coloured Ted’s hat with red.

cards3 018

And added shading with berry red.

cards3 020

Again blending the colours together by going over the whole hat with red once more.

cards3 022

Then I coloured the tree trunk with cinnamon.

cards3 024

Adding shading with cocoa.

cards3 026

Once again I blended them together by using the lighter colour – in this case cinnamon.

cards3 028

   Finally I coloured the snowy ground and snowflakes with cool aqua.

cards3 030

And here is my finished card.  I used doodlebug papers and a see-d’s sentiment.  The snowflakes are cut out with my MS arctic snowflake punch.  The plain card is from the papermill shop. 

 cards3 015 

I’ve also coloured Ted in with darker colours (tan and caramel) – which do you prefer?

cards2 002

I hope you haven’t fallen asleep by now :)  if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.  Don’t forget to visit the crafty pad as they have some adorable stamps available.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

15 comments:

Apris said...

Hi;
Thank's for tutorial.
Both Ted are great but I like darker Ted more.

Hugs Sirpa

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Don't apologize for doing such a great tutorial...enjoyed seeing step-by-step how you did this!!!

I like the darker Ted more (but the light one is nice too). TFS

Tracy said...

Hi Denise, I personally couldn't get to grips with the promarkers but I'm sat here with my 14 year old son who claimed all my promarkers and uses them on all his craft creations.
http://www.scotts-crafty-ideas.blogspot.com/
We have sat and read your tutorial and it's great, full of tips. My son thought it was great. I liked the darker ted, but the other is good too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Victoria said...

fab tutorial hun and a great card. I prefer the second ted too!

Good effort on the photos considering the light today.

Victoria
x

Mandy said...

that is beautiful..i love both colours....take care...xxx

Donna said...

Super sweet little card Denise and brilliantly coloured....a fab tutorial hun, must have taken you ages to post, well done you :) Donna x

Payne Holler Cards said...

your toot was great! adorable image..will check them out! both cards are great (and love the layout)...would chose the darker one if i had to chose :))

Debbie said...

Hi Denise - what a fabulous tutorial and very easy to follow - I will definitely be trying it. :) Thank you so much for doing the tutorial for me - you have coloured Christmas Ted in beautifully and your whole card is gorgeous. :) :)
Take care
xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

rozzyb said...

Fabulous tutorial, thanks for sharing with us. I will try your colours next time I use one of the Ted Stamps. I think I prefer teh lighter colours, but will try both.
I love your card... you will have to come over and join in on the challenges at The Crafty Pad now :)
Hugs rozzy xx

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial, thanks.
Liked the lighter Ted best but both were good.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tutorial, very useful! I prefer the lighter Ted.
Hugs xx
Pat

maxine said...

Hi Denise I fantastic tutorial thanks Maxine

Dragonlady said...

Hi Denise,

Great tutorial and thanks for taking the time. I think I prefer the darker ted!!

Hugs Ali x

Natalie said...

Great tutorial Denise and fab card too. I can't decide which Ted I like best. x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Denise, great tutorial, I've just started using pro markers, I'm just learning to use them so this was great hun, thanks. I like both teds, you did a great job on him.
Suzi x