Pages

Thursday, 17 September 2026

Krafty Chicks challenge #838 - CAS (clean and simple)

Good morning lovely friends and welcome to my little corner of blogland. It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week we are on Week 3; and as always the theme is 'CAS (clean and simple)' and Diane is our hostess. Now we know that CAS is subjective but generally it's lots of open space (doesn't have to be white), no embellishments (or very few) and an uncluttered design. It can be a difficult design to pull off but we hope you will take on the challenge and come over and join in the fun with us.

It was my sister & brother-in-law's anniversary recently so used this opportunity to make them a card.  It's not a one-layer CAS card but I made a 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" card (as it was a special family card) and I think the proportions work well with lots of uncluttered space around the focal image.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by making my card base by cutting a white piece of card 11" x 7 1/2" and scoring at 5 1/2".  I cut a white panel 5" x 7" and added a strip of black & white paper to the top and bottom with liquid glue before adding a black mat layer with double sided tape.  I die cut a plain heart from white card and a scalloped heart from black card and adhered them together using liquid glue.  I die cut the leafery and flowers using coloured card from my scraps bin and adhered them together and added them to the white heart using liquid glue.  I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it out onto my usual white card before die cutting it with a flag die.  I added the sentiment over the flower arrangement using a mix of foam squares and liquid glue.  The heart was then adhered to the background panel using foam squares.  The panel was added to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and black mat layer as well as a strip of the black and white paper and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I cut a small plain heart from white and scalloped heart from black and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I die cut two more of the flower/leafery and added them over the heart using liquid glue.  The heart was then added in the bottom right corner with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre using black ink and adhered the panel to my card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky. Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori. Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments.

Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Spellbinders - sealed bouquet die set
Honey Bee Stamps - stacking hearts and scallop hearts honey cuts
MFT - blueprints 27 (for flag end die)
MFT - black & white stripes 6x6 paper pack
LOTV - verses A5 polymer clear stamp - no longer available
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
computer & printer for front sentiment
coloured card from my scraps bin

1 comment:

  1. A very pretty cas card Denise, so nice you decorated the inside aswell.

    ReplyDelete

By leaving a comment here you are accepting that other visitors will read your comments and be able to link through to your blog / computer.

If you have chosen to follow my blog by email or send a message via email then this has been done entirely at your own risk .. .. but I personally will NEVER share your email address with any third parties.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments. Hugs, Denise x