Pages

Thursday, 20 August 2026

Krafty Chicks challenge #834 - CAS (clean and simple)

Good morning lovely friends and welcome to my little corner of blogland. It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week we are on Week 3; and as always the theme is 'CAS (clean and simple)' and Diane is our hostess. Now we know that CAS is subjective but generally it's lots of open space (doesn't have to be white), no embellishments (or very few) and an uncluttered design. It can be a difficult design to pull off but we hope you will take on the challenge and come over and join in the fun with us.
I created a fun stencil background and decided to cut it into strips so that I could make two cards this week; one birthday card and one get well card.  They turned out very clean and simple but perfect for mailing.  I hope you like them.
Here are my cards:
A closer look at the birthday card:
and the inside for this one:
A closer look at the get well card:
and the inside for this one:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and actually used the recently released Christmas star stencil from Uniko to create my background.  I masked off two of the sections and used one for the yellow ink and one for the lime green ink.  It was a bit time consuming and as I did it 'by eye' it has some imperfections but it shows how you can stretch your stencils to create something completely different.  When I cut down the card I didn't plan on making two cards so the strips are slightly different widths.  The birthday card strip is 1 5/8" x 5 1/4 and this was matted onto a black layer with just a tiny border of the black showing on the left side.  For the get well card the strip is 1 5/16" x 5 1/4" and again a black layer was added with a thin border on the right side.  I cut two more white panels 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered the strips with double sided tape.  I cut two stitched circles from white card and stamped the sentiments in black ink.  I also cut a black mat circle and adhered them together using liquid glue.  The sentiments were added over the strips with foam squares.  The panels were adhered to my card bases with double sided tape.  For the inside I cut the left over stencilled background into 1/2" strips and again added black mat layers.  I added them to the right side of my white panels using liquid glue and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  The panels were adhered to the card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky. Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori. Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments.

Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Uniko - wonderful day stamp (retired)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 03 (for circle dies)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - wild dandelion and key lime
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment

By leaving a comment here you are accepting that other visitors will read your comments and be able to link through to your blog / computer.

If you have chosen to follow my blog by email or send a message via email then this has been done entirely at your own risk .. .. but I personally will NEVER share your email address with any third parties.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments. Hugs, Denise x