Pages

Thursday, 20 August 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #837 - mood board

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am back to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and it's Mood Board Week and Lisa has a beautiful board to inspire us this week. It is such a gorgeous image this week and I'm sure this is going to be a really popular week. I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations.
here is a better look at the mood board:
Isn't it a stunning picture?  Obviously you can be drawn to the sunflowers, butterflies or both or just use the colours as your inspiration.  I decided to use both on my card today and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and blended all over the panel using Christmas pine ink. The sunflowers are a three step stamp and I used Gina K's tip on how to mass produce using a template (or 3 in this case) to get perfect alignment; and it really worked, they are all stamped perfectly.  Once they were all stamped I used the coordinating die to cut them out.  I also stamped the butterfly and coloured it with my Promarkers before using the coordinating die to cut it out.  I added the sunflowers using foam squares in a cluster in the centre of the panel and added the butterfly at the top again adding a thin piece of foam tape behind the body so that the wings could be lifted up a little.  The sentiment was stamped onto white card using black ink and cut out with the matching die (I also cut 3 more from plain white card to layer up).  The sentiment was adhered over the sunflowers using liquid glue.  The panel was then added to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and blended the Christmas pine ink along the bottom.  I had one sunflower and one butterfly left over so adhered them over the blended border using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre using black ink and then adhered the panel to the card base using double sided tape. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I'm sure this will be a popular challenge as it is such a beautiful board and I cannot wait to see what you create. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for our guest designer Betty and the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Gina K Designs - breath of sunshine stamp & die set (*Bumbleberry Crafts)
Gina K Designs - courage to fly mini stamp (current incentive - will be available next month)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sweet corn, honey mustard, dark chocolate, Christmas pine
Promarkers
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed 

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

5 comments:

  1. Your sunflowers and butterfly combination is a lovely take on the mood board. Such an eye-catching card...
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise... this is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the center focus of your flowers! Fabulous inspired card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, all the colors you used are just beautiful! What a fabulous take on the board! And as always, I love how you continue the design on the inside of the card. Wonderful take on the challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the way it turned out... inside and out! This is delightful, Denise!

    ReplyDelete

By leaving a comment here you are accepting that other visitors will read your comments and be able to link through to your blog / computer.

If you have chosen to follow my blog by email or send a message via email then this has been done entirely at your own risk .. .. but I personally will NEVER share your email address with any third parties.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments. Hugs, Denise x