Hello again lovely friends; I'm back to share my card for the Card Clubhouse IG hop organised by my sweet friend Kelly. We are on Week 16 and our theme is 'back to YOUR class' so we want you to make a card, not to be confused with back to school, YOU are the teacher so show us your speciality! I'm sure this is going to be such much fun and such a varied hop this week and I can't wait to see what sparks your imagination.

Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
plus I decorated the inside:
Here is a photo of Willow with Giraffio
I began by cutting a kraft card panel 4" x 5 1/4" and used a 'crackle' embossing folder to add some texture. I also ink blended around the edge with a brown ink pad for some extra interest. I stamped the image, coloured it with Promarkers and used the coordinating die to cut it out (I also cut 2 more from white card so that I could stack them). I die cut a tag from white card and ink blended around the edge with yellow ink. I die cut the letters to spell Willow from brown card and the number 5 from a deep yellow pearlescent card (I also cut the hole reinforcer for the tag from this card). I adhered everything to the tag using liquid glue. I added some yellow ribbon to the tag with liquid glue and also made a bow and adhered that with strong red line tape. I added some scrap white card behind the tag and adhered that over the embossed background with double sided tape. The panel was then added to my card base using double sided tape. For a final finishing touch I added some crystal glaze to the brown patches of the giraffe. For the inside I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and embossed a small piece of the kraft card, again adding some brown ink over top and adhered it o the bottom of the panel with double sided tape. I stamped the sentiment in the centre with brown ink and added the panel to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
A Cut Above challenge - ATG with a die cut optional fall flowers
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - birthdays

As You Like It challenge - favourite safari animal (I think giraffes are a wonder of nature with their long necks; how do they keep their heads up?! Also Willow loves giraffes too)
Creative Friday challenge - dry embossing
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Daisy Chain challenge - animals
Inspiration Station challenge - inspiration photo (I was inspired by the colours)

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - happy birthday
The Neglected Stuff challenge - I've had this stamp and EF for years and never used them
Tic Tac Toe challenge - board #298 - middle vertical line: ribbon/twine, free, yellow

Thank you so much for stopping by. I have one more post for you today so I hope you can pop back and check it out.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Doodlebug & Sizzix - baby boy clear stamp (for giraffe) - discontinued
Promarkers
Waffle Flower - nesting tags dies
Creative Expressions - crackle embossing folder
MFT - little letters die set
MFT - by the numbers die set
Gina K Designs - on the inside stamp (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - dark chocolate ink pad
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
kraft card and ribbon from my stash






Happy Birthday to Willow, cute card!
ReplyDeleteAnother fanastic job, love that embossing folder and the image is adorable, great color choice too...well done! Cheers, L
ReplyDeleteSo cute and great use of the crackling EF. I have this and never thought to use it this way. Sweet that you personalized the tag too! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
ReplyDeleteVicki - ACA Owner
This card does have a bit of everything and it's beautifully done! I so enjoyed the photo of Willow and her favorite pet. The paper giraffe is so cute, and Denise, how I admire your perfectly tied bow. Thanks for playing along at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!
ReplyDeleteOh Denise ... you are so creative! This is so sweet! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE
A wonderful card and your background looks fab! Lovely pic of Willow too. Thank you for joining in at AYLI.
ReplyDeleteWillow, Giraffio and the birthday card as so cute, and yes! Willow gets a birthday card. We're delighted you shared this lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, and we hope to see more soon. Also, we have a new challenge you may consider joining sometime, it's The Pick 3 Challenge and we hope to see you there as well!
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
What a fun and wonderful giraffe card, love the background, and what a lovely photo of Willow, great name too. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck. I hope to see you again in our next challenge.
ReplyDeleteFaith A DT
Oh, Denise, I love this birthday card! Why shouldn't Willow get a card is my question! Thank you for playing with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteDebbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!
A super cute card, Denise! All things are worth celebrating. Thanks for joining us at TTTC this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story to go with your adorable card, Denise. You clearly have a lot of love for your cat and its favorite toy! Thanks for playing along with the Birthday Challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT
ReplyDelete