Pages

▼

Thursday, 1 October 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #843 - Die Week - Halloween

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am here to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and this week is Die Week and Carol has given us the theme of 'Halloween', so grab all your spooky themed dies and join in the fun with us. We all love our dies don't we and I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations. Our guest this month is Carrie Sheridan so please pop over and show her some love.
I used a die set from Spellbinders that I don't think I've ever used apart from the gourds and I was inspired by the card example on the packaging so made my version of it.  The colours are gorgeous together and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting all the elements from grey, white, black, purple and purple glitter card.  I used liquid glue to adhere them all together.  I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and embossed it with a 3d folder.  I added some purple ink all around leaving the centre white and darkened up the very edges with black ink.  I also added some black spatter.  I adhered the spooky cupcake, ghost, eyeball lolly, bats and sentiment with foam squares onto the embossed background before adhering it to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and partially embossed the bottom using the same 3d folder.  I again lightly inked the embossing with purple and black ink and added a score line to make the embossed border look more finished.  I added a ghost and eyeball lolly to the bottom left corner and a bat to the top right corner and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I adhered the panel to my card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated * 

I can't wait to see all your die cuts this week and look forward to seeing your entries in the linky. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Spellbinders - boo-licious fall cupcake die set
Clearly Besotted - simply said clear stamp (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Gina K Designs - wild lilac ink pad
MFT - extreme black hybrid ink pad 

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

6 comments:

  1. Very fun. I love that you finish off the inside too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, Where can I get this cupcake now? I can taste the frosting and love the eyeball pick in it. What a fun Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eyeball adds just the right amount of creepy! This is fa-BOO-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smitten with your Halloween cupcake, complete with a ghost, eyeball, bats and, of course, some ooziness! I bet underneath all that spook decor is a most delicious sweet treat! Love this.
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that embossed background with the purple inking and splatter and, oh my! that eyeball is spooky stuck in the cupcake with the ghost! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise... fabulous cupcake! So eerie! Love that you do the insides too! Am I just lazy? I am old...maybe that is it.

    ReplyDelete

By leaving a comment here you are accepting that other visitors will read your comments and be able to link through to your blog / computer.

If you have chosen to follow my blog by email or send a message via email then this has been done entirely at your own risk .. .. but I personally will NEVER share your email address with any third parties.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments. Hugs, Denise x