I used an older, retired stamp set that has been in my stash for years but I don't think I've ever used it. I love the clean lines and fun wavy sea, along with some fun clouds. I'm even happy with my fussy cutting on this one! I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping all my images onto alcohol marker friendly card and used my Promarkers to colour them in. I don't have the dies so I fussy cut them out. I cut a white panel 3 5/8" x 4 7/8" and added a teal blue mat layer using liquid glue. I wanted a fairly clean and simple layout so clustered all my images together in the lower right corner and added them with a mix of liquid glue and foam squares. I also added two clouds in the upper half of the card using liquid glue. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a scrap of the teal blue card and cut it out using a sentiment strips die and added that below the cluster using liquid glue. The panel was adhered to my card base using double sided tape. For the inside I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added the wave image along the bottom and tucked the sailboat behind, using liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in the centre using blue ink and the panel was adhered to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Addicted to CAS challenge - water

As You Like It challenge - favourite colouring medium (it has to be Promarkers; I've been using them for 15+ years and they are reliable, blend well and are still going strong after all these years)
Craft Rocket challenge - transportation
CRAFT-alnica challenge - sea
Little Red Wagon challenge - we didn't start a fire (my card reminds me of my visit to Barcelona in Sept 24 when the America's Cup sailing competition was taking place; the little bit I saw was very exciting)
NBUS challenge - the stamp set is now retired and this is the first time I've used it :(
Paper Rocks Scissors challenge - I fussy cut my images
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - summertime blues
The Male Room challenge - jobs or professions (sailor)

The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - sports (sailing)
I appreciate you stopping by.
Love & hugs,
card supplies:
Simon Says Stamp - sailing clear stamp (now retired)
Gina K Designs - just keep swimming stamp (for sentiments)
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips die set
Gina K Designs - blue sky ink pad
Promarkers
Sakura - white no. 10 gelly roll pen
Versamark - embossing and watermark ink pad
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
teal blue card from my stash
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card (store now closed)






I'm smitten with the little nautical scene you've created! Apparently, your 'retired' set was waiting for this challenge to make its debut - and what a debut it is. Sweet, eye-catching and charming! Your fussy cutting is, indeed, impressive!
ReplyDeletehugs~carol
Oh well done! Love the finished inside too!
ReplyDeleteDenise, I adore that old SSS sailing set! It has the most wonderful waves, doesn't it? You have mad fussy-cutting skills!
ReplyDelete=] Michele
Love those little waves, they're fun! Cute card, Denise!
ReplyDeleteThe graphic nature of the images is sweet and simple, Denise, and made a great CAS card.
ReplyDeleteDenise...CAS perfection...love it.
ReplyDeleteYour nautical scene is awesome! I love the little sailboat and life preserver floating on the wavy sea. Great composition!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun creative water themed card Denise. Love it!
ReplyDeleteIzdelala si prekrasno morsko voščilnico. Hvala, ker z njo sodeluješ v CRAFT-alnici.
ReplyDeleteDenise, I just love this black outlined image scene. I love all things nautical and the way you arranged the elements together and paired the "sea" sentiment is just perfect! I love this!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful card! I love the clean lines and the way you coloured your waves! How fun to be reminded of such a special holiday too!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon for our "We Didn't Start the Fire" challenge this week!
Kate
http://www.smallbitsofpaper.blogspot.com/">Small Bits of Paper
Simply awesome inside & out my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner