My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Cupcake craft challenge #189–DT card

Oh dear, I’m a little later than normal sharing my card for this week’s cupcake craft challenge, I just don’t know where the week has gone!!  Our theme this week has been set by the lovely Maarit and she has chosen “material girl” (I bet you’re all singing Madonna’s song now lol!)  Maarit wants you to use some form of material on your creations week so let’s see how adventurous you can be!  I decided to be quite reserved (‘cos I couldn’t think of anything else) and I used felt!  Here is my card:

CCC challenge 189 - material girl

CCC challenge 189 - material girl (close up)

I’m sorry my pictures are so bad, but I really struggled to get a decent one!  I decided to go CAS on the layout and didn’t use any patterned paper at all – I know shock horror!  The image is a super cute penny black stamp called ‘ladybug & hedgehog’ and I coloured it with promarkers.  I used kraft card from dies to die for and two different embossing folders.  The flower and chevrons were both cut out of felt, also from dies to die for.  I didn’t add a sentiment as I thought it could be suitable for lots of different occasions. 

We have two sponsors this week, first we have Digi Doodle Shop and they are offering one lucky winner a $10.00 gift certificate to spend in their online store.  Our second sponsor is Quixotic Paperie and they are offering one lucky winner a £10.00 voucher to spend in their online store.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to stamps challenge – cakes and/or stitching

Paper sundaes challenge – let’s get cute

Kaboodle challenge – emboss it

The pink elephant challenge – hello sunshine (use yellow)

Deep ocean challenge – use punches/dies

Crafts and me challenge – embossing

Fab n funky challenge – no D.P.

My mum’s craft shop challenge – the great outdoors

Penny black Saturday challenge – no patterned paper

Crafter’s companion challenge – four legged friends

The challenge ends on Sunday at 8pm so you still have plenty of time to get your entries in.  I’m sure you can come up with something much more exciting and imaginative than I did and I really look forward to seeing what material you have used on your creations.  I’m off to do the boys packed lunch ready for school and then will be hitting the sack!!  Thanks so much for stopping by.

My signature

CCC challenge 189 - material girl

Card ingredients:

Image: penny black rubber stamp – ‘ladybug & hedgehog’

Papers: none, kraft card from dies to die for, white digi stamping card from craftwork cards

Tools: promarkers, die-namics chevron die and butterflies die, magnolia doohickeys flower die, yellow felt from dies to die for, gems from stash, cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder and daisy pattern embossing folder, letraset black fine liner pen for faux stitching

16 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

such a fun happy card denise...love the felt additions...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Denise and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image,just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Suzanne said...

clean and simple i love it thank you for joining us at paper sundaes

coops said...

so stunning denise.gorgeous image and embossing and i love the pop of yellow :D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card, one of my favourite Penny Black stamps and love all the embossing. Thanks for joining in our No DP Challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

crafty amy said...

This is super cute :D I LOVE that stamp you have made me want to ink him up again.
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx
P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card, love the clean and simple look!
Helen x

jenny said...

Fabulous card Denise :) Great layout and I love the zesty colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny xx

TC said...

This is so sweet. I love the fresh, zingy feel. Lovely embossed papers, and the felt elements are superb. x

TC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~*Joni said...

Denise this is adorable! What a cute image, and all I can sing now is Madonna's song. ;) Your felt is perfect for the challenge, I love the ric rac design and doodling around the frame. Thank you so much for joining in on our yellow challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT

Trudie said...

Beautiful CAS card .... love the brightness of the yellow... really adds some 'Zing!'. Thank you for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop this week.
Trudie x

Bridie said...

Fabulous colour scheme and beautiful colouring.

Dawn Darlene said...

love that little guy .. he's so cute!

Jeni Mc said...

A lovely bright card Denise,to brighten us up this 'Summer' !!
Love the idea of using felt strips and it is such a cute character

Jenix