My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 24 January 2012

PFP #133 & Winter Wonderland DT card

Good evening dear friends.  I’m really sorry for the late post tonight but time has just gotten away from me (plus I was side-tracked on Facebook lol!).  I hope you’ve all had a great day and are now having a relaxing night.  I’m going to try and have an early night tonight as it’s becoming a regular thing for me to go to bed after 1.30am, even on a school night lol!  They are starting to catch up with me and I definitely need my beauty sleep haha!

Anyway enough waffling and onto my card.  We have a brand new challenge for you today over at passion for promarkers challenge which has been set by Kimberly and she has chosen “recycle something”.  Don’t forget to be eligible for our prize draw you must use your Letraset products i.e. promarkers, flex markers, aqua markers or tria markers.  Here is my card:

PFP challenge 133 - recycle something

PFP challenge 133 - recycle something (close up)

PFP challenge 133 - recycle something (side view)

I used a super cute image from Lili of the Valley and coloured it with a mix of promarkers and flex markers.  The papers are echo park from the “be mine” paper pad and the pretty flowers were cut out with a magnolia doo-hickey die.  My recycled items are the ribbon which was wrapped around a pair of PJ’s that I had for Christmas and the black tag which was on one of hubby’s t-shirts. 

Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen and the lucky winner will receive a £10.00 voucher to spend in her online store. 

joanna sheen

I decided to combine my card with my DT card for Winter Wonderland challenge as unfortunately I didn’t make a card on time for last Friday’s challenge but I thought better late than never.  The theme over at WW is “easel card” and we haven’t started our Christmas themed challenges yet so it can be for any occasion.  The challenge still has one day left so why not knock up a quick easel card and try your luck – you have to be in it to win it!

Our sponsor over at winter wonderland is Lili of the Valley and they are offering one lucky winner a £10.00 voucher to spend in their online store.

 LOTV shop logo

The design teams have created amazing cards so please pop over to both challenge blogs and check them out. We really appreciate the lovely comments you leave for us. 

I’m sorry it’s a doubled up post today but I didn’t want to let down my teamies at winter wonderland and wanted to make an easel card, as it seems like ages since I made one.  I’m really glad I did as it turned out quite pretty I think.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Dream valley challenge – animals (entry #1)

The squirrel and the fox challenge – critters

Lexi’s creations challenge – fancy folds

Little darlings challenge – fave colour (pink)

Moving along with the times challenge – things with wings (entry #2)

Cupcake craftroom challenge – anything goes (entry #2)

St. Luke’s charity cards challenge – recycle something

Flutterby Wednesday challenge – open

Do you stack up? challenge – patterned paper (entry #2)

Critter sketch challenge – use 3 embellishments (ribbon, pearls, flowers)

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenges and I cannot wait to see what you create.  Thanks for stopping by today.

My signature

PFP challenge 133 - recycle something

Card ingredients:

Image: Lili of the valley – ‘gift wrapped’

Papers: echo park – ‘be mine’ paper pad, pink card from the papermill shop, black card from eBay, white digi stamping card from craftwork cards

Tools: promarkers, flex markers, magnolia doo-hickeys flower die, pearls from the hobby house, personal impressions sentiment stamp, circle nesties, recycled ribbon & tag

19 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

STUNNING COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
very cute card..
Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings.
hugs....

Shari said...

Beautiful easel card and your color choice is wonderful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card Den, and well worth the wait, lol. Love that sweet bunny. Hope you are ok. Hugs Sxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love the colour combo and the flower embellies are gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Denise,
I love the pink and black colour combo on this fabulous easel card. A really sweet image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Denise this is super what a great card and I love the colours you have used. I have given myself a week ban from Facebook and twitter to see how much more time I have!!!!
Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Love HAzelxox

Unknown said...

Simply stunning easel card Denise lovely and bright..... Love it! Big hugs Jo xxx

Joey said...

Denise its a gorgeous card, beautiful layout, and striking colours. Joey x

WencheP said...

Such a cute card. Love the image and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Stamps and Paper said...

Great bit of recycling on your card and I just love easel cards...thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

Anne

Gibmiss said...

Hi Denise
Fabulous card....i love easel cards...
Thanks for joining in St Lukes this Month .......
Hugs sylvie
xx

Unknown said...

He sure is a little sweetie

kitten - DYSU team

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a fabulous easel card, love the colours!
Helen x

Tara Cardwell said...

This is just beautiful! Our challenge has turned up some great recycled items and wrapping ribbon around PJ's certainly seems to have been a popular choice! I love the tshirt tag - how useful was that.
Thanks for playing along at St Lukes.
Tara (aka Craftilicious)
St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a cutie! Gorgeous colour theme too! Thanks for playing along with Dream Valley Challenges and good luck in the draw
Lynne :)

Pami said...

Super card Denise, love the colours and the cute little image! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Jenny said...

Don't you just love when the stores give away lovely ribbons and tags!!
Fabulous easel card, very chic in pink and black :)
Thanks for supporting us at St Lukes Charity card challenge this month.
Jenny x

sara said...

gorgeous card love that cute image thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x

Curly said...

Hi Denise so sorry im so late commenting, this is totally gorgeous I love the papers and the image is coloured perfectly,
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x