My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 1 June 2011

A summery card……and some news!

Happy Wednesday everyone.  I’m sure you’re wondering what I’m doing here on a Wednesday as I don’t normally post a card today!!  Well I have some exciting news to share – I have been asked to join the DT over at Bee Crafty and I didn’t think twice as I really love Merrigan’s cute images.  The bee crafty challenge is a monthly challenge so there is a brand new challenge being launched today.  The theme for June is “summer fun” and here is my card:

Bee crafty #1 - summer fun

Bee crafty #51 - summer fun (close up)

I have used a super cute image called ‘whimsical girl summer drink’ which is available as a single image but you can also get the ‘whimsical girl summer’ set which includes 3 images for the price of 2.  The gorgeous papers are my minds eye from the ‘Gertie’ paper pad.  I also got to use my new eyelet circle nesties, which I’ve had for ages but completely forgot about lol!

The lucky winner of this month’s challenge will receive 2 images from the bee crafty shop

I would like to say a big hello to my new team mates *waves*.  Please check out their gorgeous cards over at the challenge blog, you won’t be disappointed.  I am delighted and honoured to be working alongside such talented ladies. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cupcake inspirations challenge – inspiration photo

OSAAT challenge – 4th of July or picnics

Lollipop crafts challenge – inspired by a song (mine is “here comes the sun”)

A spoonfull of sugar challenge – flower power (my paper and one on my image)

Paperminutes challenge – give me four (four pearls and four layers)

Fab ‘n’ funky challenge – what’eva!

The paper variety challenge – tutti frutti (coconut drink)

Penny’s paper crafty challenge – here comes summer

Truly scrumptious challenge – summer sparkle (my pearls are my sparkle)

Moving along with the times challenge – holidays

Pixie dust studio challenge – tooty fruity (again the coconut drink)

Sassy studio designs challenge – pearls and lace (again flower trim is lace)

Frosted designs challenge – BBQ, picnic or outdoor games theme

Phindy’s place challenge – summer living

Catch the bug challenge – bright colours

Crazy 4 challenges challenge – fave vacation spot or activity (sipping cocktails)

Papertake challenge – sketch

Bunny Zoe’s challenge – lace (flower trim is lace)

Crafter’s companion challenge – here comes summer

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenge this week and I look forward to seeing what you create.  I’d like to welcome my newest follower *waves hello* – Arline – thanks for joining my happy band of followers, I really appreciate it.  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by today.

My signature 

Bee crafty #51 - summer fun

Card ingredients:

Image: bee crafty – ‘ whimsical girl summer drink’

Papers: my mind’s eye – ‘Gertie’ paper pad, plain card from the papermill shop

Tools: promarkers, personal impressions sentiment, nesties circle and eyelet circle, pearls from the hobby house, making memories flower trim

33 comments:

amanda stokes said...

Hi Denise,
What a gorgeous card,love the sweet image and scrummy paper's
Congrats on your new DT spot
Have a lovely evening :) xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on you DT spot and fabulous card, love the image!
Helen x

scn said...

Hi Denise
Congratulations on your DT spot
Great card Love the colors
susie xx

Sue said...

hi denise, gorgeous card sweetie and beautiful colours:)

congrats on the dt position,very much deserved:)

sue
xx

Faye said...

Go Den, go Den, go Den! Woooohoo! Fab card too btw. xxx

Jacq said...

Hi Denise,
First of all Big Congratulations on the making the DT at Bee Craftys... Not surprised, they're lucky to have you!!!
This is just Gorgeous!!! Love the cute little image you've used, the dp's, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishment. I have that Nestie too and haven't used it.. oh the shame of it, shall have to hunt it out and use it lol. As always, coloured to perfection.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

Mau xx said...

A Brilliant card and brilliant news Denise, A super fun image on your card. Congratulations!!
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

Congrats to you! Love the Card Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Suzy said...

I could really go for a coconut drink right about now ;) Thanks for sharing your fruit with TPV this week! We hope you consider applying for our next DT :)

xxxtglxxx said...

Congrats on your DT post! So well deserved.

Love your card, warm summery colours and a great image.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Chris said...

totally adorable card, the image is too too cute. I love it.
Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Regan said...

Super cute! Mmm, I want a pina colada now... lol Love the flower lace! Thanks for playing along @ SSD! :)

Melodie said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours with this beautiful image.
Hugs
Melodie

coops said...

gorgeous card denise.i love your colours and fab papers and the image is great,
big congrats on your new dt spot hun :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Just beautiful....Love it !!!

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, I look forward to seeing more of your work

Amanda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats on the new DT position Denise. A really cute summery card. Thanks for playing at CC this month. Marianne x

fairysparkle said...

Well done denise on new dt and i love your card ,colours are so summery and the image makes me smile and feel happy .x

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lollipop Crafts this week.
Zulma DT

sgc said...

Great card. I love the bright colors you chose. Thanks for playing in our Bugaboo Challenge.

kissinia said...

Brilliant card and absolutely fantastic image. love it! Many thanks for joining Frosted Designs Challenge this week!

Paula said...

Fab card love the colours and the image!!!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafters Companion!!!

Paula DT :D x

http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

Agnieszka M said...

Denise, great card!

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Deb said...

Fantastic creation, what a super image,congrats on your new DT position, thanks so much for joining our challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week, we hope to see you again
Debs R
xxx

Rez P. said...

Aloha,
Congrats on your DT spot. I really like this card. It's sooo beautiful.I'm having a ALOHA blog candy so please visit..
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html
Mahalo,
Rez

Rez P. said...

Aloha,
Congrats on your DT spot. I really like this card. It's sooo beautiful.I'm having a ALOHA blog candy so please visit..
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html
Mahalo,
Rez

Min said...

Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playin' along with the Catch The Bug "Bright Colors" Challenge!
Hugs & Happy days! ~Min
http://kayminkreations.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Adorable, what a sweet little image, great coloring and beautiful papers. Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

Lisa said...

Super cute card! I love that image. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,fabulous image and papers...Thanks for joining in with us at Truly scrumptious....
Mandy x

Julye said...

Fab card love the soft tones, thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's.

Yara said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the image! Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge