My Lovely Followers

Thursday 21 October 2010

Charisma cardz #42 – DT card

Good morning everyone, I can’t believe it’s Thursday already and unbelievably I am sharing with you my 3rd DT card for the charisma cardz challenge.  Wow where did the time go?  This week over at charisma cardz the theme has been set by Lora and she has chosen “vintage”.  Now it is not my most favourite theme ever and I’ve probably gone more distressed than vintage on my card but I’m quite happy with the finished result.  Here is my card:

charisma cardz #42 - vintage

charisma cardz #42 - vintage (close up)

The look I was trying to achieve was old photograph i.e faded/washed out colours and I think the colours are reminiscent of Victorian times.  Well like I say I’m quite happy with the overall card and for once I’m really pleased with my colouring (which is quite rare).

We have two sponsors this week, the first is bunny zoe crafts and they are offering one lucky winner the prize of vintage Tilda, vintage crochet flowers and also a set of 6 Christmas tree charms.  bunny zoe'simage

Our second sponsor is all that scraps and they are offering one lucky winner the prize of any cc designs stamp set or 4 single stamps.

All that scraps

image

The rest of the DT have created gorgeous samples (and much more vintagey (sp?) than me.  Please pop over to the challenge blog and take a look.  All your lovely comments are much appreciated. 

I can also enter my card into the following challenges:

The crafty pad challenge – distressed/torn edges

Paper cutz challenge – anything goes

Polka doodles challenge – something spooky (my image is quite gothic)

Allsorts challenge – bingo (line – flowers, pearls and punch)

Sweet stampin’ challenge – ribbon

Totally gorjuss challenge – pink (mine is quite muted)

Creative inspirations challenge – spooky (again my gothic image)

Stampin’ royalty challenge – ribbons

I hope you will have a chance to enter our challenge and I can’t wait to see what you create.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

My signature

charisma cardz #42 - vintage

Card ingredients:

Image: tickled pink stamps – Lil Lolita Lilith digi  

Papers: DCWV – wedding prints paper stack (grey paper), plain card from the papermill shop

Tools: promarkers, marianne creatables die, ek success retro flower punch, pearls from the hobby house, ribbon, chalks and silver brad from stash, woodware circle punch

19 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fab card Denise ! Love the "wrapping" and the colour scheme ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Sandy Ang said...

Love your faded effect shading !

Dotty Jo said...

I love it, what a great image and brilliant colouring! Jo x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card, super colours cute image and lovely papers. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

coops said...

stunning card denise.great colours and papers and love your image :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. Love the image and the ribbon in the background. Thanks for joining in with Stamping Royalty this week.
Gardenia

Joey said...

Hiya Denise

this is gorgeous a fantastic layout love it, thanks for entering me candy hun, good luck

Joey.xx

Mummylade said...

just lovely! So glad you liked my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week. Thanks for playing and good luck!

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is wonderful! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Gem said...

a fab card Denise, the image is great and I love the ribbon :) Gemma x

An Occasional Genius said...

I think this looks fabulous, love the slightly washed out look! Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debbie said...

Denise what a grogeous card. Perfectly coloured image..:) And I love your distressing. :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at our Crafty Pad Challenge. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs.

Mona Evy said...

Oh, what a lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!

Shell said...

Brilliant card i love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog.
Shell xx

Tip Top said...

Great spooky card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Jenny said...

Super Spooky card! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

BondGirl said...

Love the colours! Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge