My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 22 December 2009

A snowy update!

snowy front of house 21st Dec 09

Hello and welcome to a snowy South Wales :)  This was the view from my front door yesterday morning.  I really love the snow but only when I don’t have to go to work!!  It caused me no end of problems getting to work both yesterday and today.  I had to leave my car in the street and walk to the main road to get a taxi yesterday and a bus today (I don’t think I’ve been on a bus for about 10 years and it’s not an experience I wish to repeat!!)  I had so much planned to do this week but I don’t think I’m going to be able to do any of it – no-one is getting cards locally, although I did manage to post my cards further afield.  The kids thought it was awesome that they missed the last two days of school and went out throwing snowballs yesterday but stayed tucked up in the warm today. 

I hope we have a bit of a thaw soon as I’m supposed to be going to my sister’s for Christmas lunch and although she doesn’t live that far away it will be a major walk especially carrying all their presents!! 

I hope everyone is safe and sound and enjoying the wintry weather, if you have any.  I will hopefully be back before Christmas but I had better get some wrapping done first lol!  Thanks for stopping by today. 

9 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Denise this looks lovely we only have a little snow down here and the rain has washed most of that away, hope you are cozy in the warm
Merry christmas
Hugs Susie xx

Catherine said...

Snow is so wonderful when you don't have to take the car ! I hope you will manage to do everything you had planned and I wish you a very lovely, sweet, happy Christmas ! Smile from Catherine

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Denise,
I know it can be a pain but it looks gorgeous when it's not disturbed. We have 5 inches in the back garden and the forecast for overnight here is -17degreesC so I don't think it's is going to thaw.
I'm definately dreaming of a white Christmas.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Debbie H said...

Looks beautiful (if you are on the inside), but I bet it was havoc, especially going down that hill!!! We are still awaiting our snow here in Worcestershire!!

Melodie said...

A beautiful photo. So it looked like last week, even with me. Now everything is already thawed, and on the streets just dirty slush to be seen.
Hugs and merry christmas.
Melodie

Tracy said...

Thank you for my Christmas card Denise, it is beautiful and will be going in my bloggers card box, so i can look anytime I want.
Thank you
Happy crafting and a merry Christmas.
Tracy x

Dotty Jo said...

So much snow here too! Have a great Christmas Denise, Jo x

Donna said...

Oooh fab photo Denise and well done you for getting on a bus, definitely worse than the snow I think lol! I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and that you make it to your sisters OK :) Donna x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG How beautiful is all that snow! Its summer here, and even in winter we dont get snow lol. Gorgeous. TFS.
Kristy x