My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 30 June 2009

PFP challenge 6 – DT card

PM challenge 6 - moss & poppy

PM challenge 6 - moss & poppy (close up)

Wow I can’t believe we’re on week 6 over at Passion for Promarkers challenge.  This week’s colour combo is Moss & Poppy and was chosen by Caryn, however there is a twist to the challenge this week as you have to include something tasty on your creation.  As the colours made me think of Christmas I decided to use a digi image from DigiStamp Boutique called ‘jack and snowman’ and I coloured it using the challenge colours with blush, pastel pink and ivory for the skin, cinnamon for the hair and cool grey 1 for shading.  I highlighted the snowman’s scarf with a white gel pen.  As we had to add something tasty and this image didn’t originally have anything tasty (and I really wanted to use it lol) I decided to draw a few candy canes and coloured them with the poppy promarker.   The papers are all SU and the plain cs is from the papermill shop.  The sentiment is by craftwork cards and I used the SU oval punches behind it.  The brads are from my stash.  Don’t forget to check out the DT cards as they are all stunning and check back tomorrow to see if you are last week’s lucky winner or one of our top 5 passionista (new this week to the blog). 

Passionista

Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen and one lucky person will win a £10.00 voucher to spend in her online shop.   

We can’t wait to see your lovely creations and look forward to visiting your blogs.  Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

Caryn said...

Great card Denise - love the little candy canes.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

helen said...

love this image hon and the papers are gorgeous great candy canes
hugs
helen x

Natalie said...

Denise this is such a cute Christmas Card. x

Shelly said...

Hi Denise! Love the card, such a cute snowman! I ordered some PM to do last weeks challenge and this weeks, they've just arrived so too late for last week and now I don't have time to do this week!!! Oh well, at least I have some new colours to play with lol! I'm hoping to join in soon as have started a little collection of PMs now!
Take care
Shelly xx

Nicki said...

cute! love the image and these colours are really good combo!
Nicki
x

Erin... said...

Oh so cute! Love that adorable snowman and yummy candy canes! I have something for you on my blog.

Mira said...

This is so lovely and sweet, love the image :)

Sandra said...

Christmas cards already!! I'd better get cracking with mine. Love the colours you have used for this one and the image is really sweet.
Sandra x

clare said...

Hi HUn..what you think of the weather today..im not happy..been boiling alweek in work and no its raining for the weekend...lol

hope your well?will email you later xx

opps nearly forgot..gorgeous card hun..love the image and i thought the candy cane was part of the digi image..you clever girl...loving this colour combo..my PM's moss & poppy came yesterday in the post from joe sheen..excellent service...so will have a play with them later for the PFP challenge.TFS hugs clare xx