My Lovely Followers

Thursday 23 April 2009

Stamptacular challenge #3


This is my card for this week's stamptacular sunday challenge, which 'black, white + one'. I have obviously decided to go with black, white and orange, not a combination I would normally use but I love the finished result. I used a download by Sally-Ann Hancock from Grab-a-doodle-do and coloured it with my pro-markers (hopefully the tiny bit of green on the leaves will be allowed). The dp is all SU and the plain cs is from the papermill shop. The flowers are cut with woodware, ek success and x-cut punches and the ribbon is from my stash. The adhesive stones are kaiser craft and the stamped sentiment is daisy bucket designs. I used a corner rounder to round the edges of my cs and dp. I hope you're all enjoying the glorious weather we've been having lately, not sure it's going to last much longer though (grrr....). Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

Karen said...

Love the colours. Great image. Fantastic card.

ove Karen xxx

Joey said...

Hi Denise, gorgeous card, love the orange and the rounded corners. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

Sprytebyrd said...

I am just loving the orange! I would be afraid it would look halloweeny, but it doesn't! It looks great! Perfect! And I love the image! The coloring and shading are perfect!
Thanks for joining us this week! See you next week!
Dee

Skraptacular Designs said...

This is such a fantastic card! I just love the look of orange with the black and white! Such a vibrant statement! Love your design...

Thanks for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us again for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Alison said...

The orange is really brave but it works so well. Fab card. Off to cut the grass before the weather breaks!

Donna said...

Denise love your card, its so bright and vibrant with the orange as the focal color, and lovely image too. Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs
Donna

Liza said...

Lovely bright card Denise, the image is so pretty and the orange looks great. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Caryn said...

I'm really into orange at the moment so I adore this card. The flowers are very funky too.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Line said...

What a fabulous card!!! Love the colorcombo! The orange looks so great with the B & W and it all goes so well together!
Thanks for joining us at SSC!

Hugs, Line

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Denise, love that image and the layout is fab!
hugs, Marlene x

Unknown said...

Hi Denise

Fabulous card, so love your orange choice.

Thank you for joining us this week at SSC and good luck.

Joanne x

Gina said...

gorgeous card Denise, I love this image and the colours you have used
Gina xxx

Paula said...

What a fabulous card, love the image you chose along with the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Sammi said...

oooh... this is gorgeous Denise!!
Love the colours and those images are great!
sammi
xxx

Anonymous said...

This card is simply adorable. Great job!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Gorgeous Denise! Wonderful colours and papers and I love the layout and rounded corners...a scrummy creation indeedy! xx

ella bella said...

this is just gorgeous Denise, the colours look great and i love that image.
hope your having a great weekend
Tracy x