My Lovely Followers

Sunday 5 April 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge "Folds"

Well here it is, my first DT submission for the Cupcake Craft Challenge - woohoo I'm so excited!!. The challenge was 'folds' which had to be anything except a card, with 3 or more folds. Now regular visitors to my blog will know that I'm mostly a card person so this was definitely a challenge for me (I said to Lauren that I expected a challenge but maybe not on the very first one lol!!). I had wanted to make one of these 'milk' cartons for sometime so this was the ideal time to have a go. I used a cadbury carton (that my kids had filled with chocolate at Christmas) and pulled it apart and used that as a template. I used plain cs from the papermill shop as the basis for the carton and the gorgeous image is from elzybells. I coloured the image with my trusty pro-markers and punched it out with my woodware scalloped square paper punch. The dp is doodlebug and the stamped sentiment is by PB. The flowers, brad, ribbon and lace are all from my stash. Now I know it's not 100% perfect but it was my first go and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I would love to know what you think (good or bad haha). Don't forget to check out the challenge on CCC and I look forward to seeing your creations. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

clare said...

good morning hun
WOW..this is gorgeous hun,you are a women of many talents..and you didnt even know..lol
this is great hun..so love the colours and the little image..great idea for easter to give to the kids filled with goodies.
TFS and well done on your first project as a DT member
hugs clarexxx

Caryn said...

Ooh this is so funky! I love the bright yellow and the little stamp - perfect for easter.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this you did an awesome job. Love the yellow and the DPis great and a cute little image... Awesome job!

Erin... said...

This is so super cute!! What an adorable image and I love the bright fun colors!!!

Kruemel said...

You did a wonderful job on this milk container! this image is too cute - and you arranged everything perfectly!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Anonymous said...

te hehehee!! love this so much so cute! great job! :0)

Julia said...

What a great job on your first attempt! Love all of it!! xx

Sandy said...

Your litle milk carton project is just precious. I love the fun image. The lace looks great.