My Lovely Followers

Thursday 28 August 2008

Sketch Saturday Challenge & DT call


This week's sketch saturday challenge is slightly different because if you wish to be considered for a DT place you have to make two cards, one being a christmas card. These are my entries for the challenge.

On the first card (which by the way I made for my sister's 40th birthday today) I used shoe dp from a kit that I got from QVC and the dotty dp is from a paper pack by papermania (again from QVC). The image is of course a stamping bella - cupcakeabella, which I coloured with my pro-markers and highlighted with stickles. The sticky ribbon is by papermania and the adhesive gems were from QVC. I used my fiskars threading water paper punch on a piece of bazzill bling cs. The pre-made stickers are by rob & bob and I used my pc for the sentiments.

For the christmas card I stamped the image called snowmen by lizzie anne designs and highlighted their hats with my pro-markers. The gorgeous snowflake dp is by craft creations and again I used my fiskars threading water paper punch to make the decorative edge on the white cs. The snowflake embellisments are by card candy. I used my square nestabilities (for the first time *gasp*) in my cuttlebug to emboss and cut the blue dp panel under the stamped image.

I hope you like. I know they won't be up to the winning standard but I'm relatively happy with them. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these cards. They're great. Sounds like you're a bit of a QVC crafter... me too! Good on ya for using the stuff. I tend to just buy and stock pile. Good luck with the DT
Hugs
Sandra xx

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous cards Denise, Love them both! Louise x

Jo said...

Hi Denise,
2 fantastic cards!
thats a great image on the 40th birthday card and you've coloured it perfectly.
and the snowmen image has to be one of the cutest i've ever seen, awwwwwww.
Thank you for taking part!
Jo xx